TS Cycling Thread - Biking Sober!

First ride of the year. I think last year I had around 2000 miles by now. Thanks for the unintentional motivation @SinceIAwoke !!

12 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Here’s my current road bike, trying to convince @DHkid71 Sarah to post her bikes here…

And my first one, 1980 or thereabouts

9 Likes

Yessss @DHkid71 share your bikes with us here PLEEAASSSEEEEEEE !! :heart_eyes:

Love your old bike photo @Mno
I wish I had any childhood photos of me on a bike

1 Like

Every time I see a penny farthing bicycle it makes me think of the TV show, “The Prisoner”. :smirk:

Hey @MelSews I haven’t seen you around in awhile. How are your cycling goals going?

For some reason my bikes are still uploading

I did share them on my post but for some reason they are still uploading

Ok lets see if my bikes load this time.
Here are my bikes. 2 mountain bike :mountain_biking_woman:t2: & 1 road bike

9 Likes

To be totally honest I wasn’t sober when this was taken. I also smoked on every mountaintop I reached. Looking back on how much I drank and smoked it’s crazy I was able to do it. Still one of the few pics of me on a mountaintop as I did most of my riding alone and I’m too shy to ask for someone to take my pic. 1997.

12 Likes

Best part of being off the bike so long with surgery: finally was able to get the dynamo set up! Had someone in the town over do the wiring all nice and tidy with magnets for wheel removal. Hoping the snow holds off here so I’ll still have awhile yet to ride it before the fatbike comes out.

9 Likes

Nice bike :bike:!
Love riding it is such a great relief for the mental health and sobriety!! Oh the physical health too!!

Hope the snow holds off for you as well. Keep pedaling and enjoy every ride​:call_me_hand:t2::biking_man:

2 Likes

Wanted to start the year out with a fatbike ride but Midwest humidity has flash rusted a lot of components and I have some serious brake drag. Starting out 2023 with some bike maintenance now instead of riding.

Frame is washed — now onto replacing brake pads, cleaning rotors, and waiting for a few new tools to arrive.

10 Likes

Success on reassembling your bike! My hybrid caught its first flat in almost three years after biking home through fireworks and broken bottles last night. So it’s back to my good old city wreck for my commute to and from the train station for now. Actually still a pretty smooth ride.

10 Likes

Too cold and bad conditions for biking outside these days. But got on the bike trainer for a 15k ride this morning.

6 Likes

Just a short ride trying out my new tyres (continental contact speed). Pretty slick.

14 Likes

Saw this in town. Unfortunately no price tag. Made of bamboo :grimacing:

9 Likes

No price tag usually says we can’t afford it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.
Nice bikes though.

2 Likes

Too cold :cold_face: to take my road bike for a spin. Went for a spinning class instead :sweat_smile:

9 Likes