TV Shows with Sober Characters

I’ve seen a few episodes of the tv show Mom and of the ones that I haved watched, I found it to be generally relatable and supportive. There was one episode I watched where Bonnie relapsed on pills, got her self into trouble before getting sober again that I found a little triggering. I do like that they bring humor to sobriety. I was wondering what others have felt about the show or any other shows portraying characters sobriety (Mom, How to Get Away With Murder, This Is Us, etc.)

1 Like

Mom came up again a couple weeks back. I haven’t really seen it yet but mean to.

This Is Us… man. That show wrecks me in the best way possible. (@Allicat388)

They’re probably rough shows to watch in early recovery though, for sure.

2 Likes

I watched “Recovery boys” on Netflix yesterday. It’s a documentary. It follows the lives of 4 men in recovery in America. It shows the ups and downs. You see people who are making it sober, but als some who don’t. It didn’t triggered me.

2 Likes

Hiya im a newbie sounds like good programme to watch

This is us is an amazing show! I just caught up yesterday. Everytime I watch it, I end up just sitting there for a few minutes after each episode in awe of how good it is!

A great movie to check out “He wont get far on foot.” Loved it. It got a lot of bad reviews, ignore them. I found it very,motivating.

1 Like

I loved the show Brothers and Sisters. I’m not sure if that’s available anywhere now. The one brother was a drug addict. They showed his struggle including relapses and how the family tried to help him even though sometimes they got it wrong.

I watched it and liked it. Very good yet depressing situation and sunject matter. Very inspirational though.

1 Like