Two weeks and it's struggles

Hey everyone,

Two weeks 2 days down but feeling very strong urges. Is it normal to slip up during your journey.

What helps fight those urges?

Thanks in advance!

K

8 Likes

Maybe try ameeting might help wish you well

6 Likes

We usually know when we’re done and we dont want a part of the addiction in any way that has a hold on us. Some take longer to figure out the key to unlock our selves from the constant struggle. Hang around here and read alot that is suggested, take it easy and keep it simple

9 Likes

Your user name is the key really. No excuses. 'Cuz if you’re anything like me, you could make anything an excuse to drink, use, whatever. I had to truly acknowledge that and put a stop to it. I also think making a list of all the reasons not to drink/use and keeping it handy is very helpful, and I know a lot of people here do that.

3 Likes

Your doing really well, your strong enough to keep going if thats what you really want.
Just imagine it like this:

How are you going to wake up tomorrow morning ?

1. Waking up full of regret, shame and guilt - you know that feeling that made you quit in the first place.
    Back to square 1 feeling low and dissapointed in yourself wondering why you gave up.

2. Feeling alive and proud of yourself for getting through another day, knowing you have the power to do anything you want, knowing that you did it you got through a tough few hours and knowing the next days after that you can get through and are on track to rebuilding yourself and your life.

This is the code for the zoom online 24 hr AA meeting.

Theres no excuses anymore, you can do this okay,
Congratulations on 2 weeks and 2 days thats brilliant so keep going and its great you reached out for advice and support instead of reaching for that drink.

6 Likes

Read Allen Carr’s The Easy Way to Control Alcohol and Annie Grace’s This Naked Mind

7 Likes

I was struggling yesterday big time.
I got my ass over to the gratitude thread. Daily Gratitude List. Gratitude The Air Of Recovery for the second time that day and made a list of everything I’m grateful for when I’m sober. I made myself go for another walk. 15 minutes with my favorite music on. Then I had to meet family.

In my early days I took really long hot showers around 5 pm instead of making drinks or pouring wine. Like 20-30 minutes long. As hot as I could take it. Then come down all relaxed and cook and nice healthy meal with my sparkling water in my favorite wine glass.
:pray:t2::heart:

4 Likes

Hi, How have you been doing ?

2 Likes

I just slipped up last night because of those urges I’m ashamed and feels like an endless cycle but I know I got this and you do too! 2 weeks is a very big deal proud of you keep fighting!!

2 Likes

Dont let the guilt and shame keep you there, you can do this. Reach out here if you feel the urge again we are here to support you.
Your worth it so just pick yourself up and start again you have the strength ok

2 Likes

The Naked Mind is awesome. I’m about halfway through. So good

1 Like