Type 1 and a alcoholic

Being type 1 diabetic and a recovery opioid now turned alcoholic for the last 10 years is not a good combo. I’ve been so blessed that nothing bad had happened health wise so far. I’m on day 5 right now w no alcohol and I feel like this time I’m determined to live a happy healthy life. I work out 4 days a week and drink 5. I run a successful business. I guess you could say I am a very high functioning alcoholic. But I know this is just a cover up. Dooms day is right around the corner if I don’t. I appreciate this app. Even though I don’t know you i feel like it keeps me accountable. Prayers and words of encouragement are sooo appreciated. Hope everyone stays strong. God bless

10 Likes

Congratulations on your 5 days!! :tada::confetti_ball: Stay strong and keep checking at the group! :muscle:t2:

1 Like

Hi Zach,
I am in the same boat having T1D and being alcoholic. I am sober for over three years and diabetes became much more manageable.
It’s good to have you with us here. :innocent:

2 Likes

Sounds like you’re back on track with 5 days under your belt, keep up the hard work :muscle:

2 Likes