Ugh...day 1

My day 1 was jan 1st, after thinking I could drink through the holidays. So on Xmas eve 2019 I threw away 16 months of sobriety to have a cocktail, well let’s just say 2020 was a total shit show. 1 year and a week, of drinking just about every day. So here I am with 22 days and still fearful of a similiar kind of relapse.
Its good that you realized quickly, so welcome back.

7 Likes

I am so glad you came right back! Yay! Yay and Yay! It’s all about getting back to it! Put your head on the pillow sober tonight and don’t worry about anything beyond that. You can deal with tomorrow, tomorrow. :slight_smile:

My Recovery Dharma group meets seven days a week at 8am CST, you if you are interested in trying that.

Try one program, try them all, try them all again. Find what makes your heart and soul feel at peace. Community matters. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

At least your being honest sweetheart. When you’ve had enough, things will change. Nobody is ready until there ready. Ive been at this a while and I can guarantee you, IT DOES GET BETTER. I know the beginning is uncomfortable… but I have faith that you can and will do this… for You. We are no good to anyone else if we don’t first take care and love ourselves. I was like an empty vessel putting on a brave face… That vessel cant sustain without loving it first. Be good to you. Be patient with you. Show yourself grace that you would show others. Im rooting for you. Stay honest and willing and keep telling on your disease… It wants us to suffer in silence… We simply cannot do that today! Sending you strong woman power and love… You are a warrior princess.:princess: And remember. Your not alone anymore.

3 Likes

Awe thank you for that ! I definitely shed a tear :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

5 Likes

Thank you for rooting for me :heart: im very interested in joining that meeting !!

1 Like

I’m saving this and making it my screen saver

1 Like

Thank you❤ im so happy to be back and get on track, even though I’m so disappointed in myself

1 Like

I had my first sponsor say something to me that I will NEVER forget. She said " Pretty Girls" die. I was like, WHAT??? She told me that we are masters of disguise. Underneath the makeup and smiles… there is real pain that no one can see… So just please, don’t say your ok, fine…or good if your not.

3 Likes

Thats deep and something I will remember!

1 Like

Thank You Jesus :blush: :heartbeat:

1 Like

Thank YOU❤

1 Like

I’m glad to see you here today Jade. Says to me you really want this. And as long as you learned something from your relapse it will not be for nothing. It’s one day at a time for us all friend. We’re in this together. Success and hugs to you.

2 Likes

Thank you :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Welcome back to day 1! Dont give up, you deserve a sober life. Just dont use will power, use us, use a program. Use anything that will keep you sober!

1 Like

Thanks Scott !!! I’ll use meetings !

1 Like

Meetings saved my life!

2 Likes

I found that connecting and talking with people with addiction has helped me, usually I just find excuses and say whatever I’m an alcoholic and ill keep drinking, but being here and reading everything makes me realize that I’m actually not alone and have a sooo many people who understand.

1 Like

You got this!!

2 Likes

It really does. Screen shot what you just wrote. When times get tough, and you think you will cave, read it to refocus…then get on here or get to a meeting.

1 Like