Uk based people?

:wave:t3: Just read your bio… sounds very familiar… I’ve had 4 years of not getting over my mums death and I need to make her proud and stop wallowing; for her, my two kids, husband but also for me. This isn’t who I am!

2 Likes

Cheltenham here, hi :raising_hand_man:

2 Likes

:wave:t3: another West Country!

2 Likes

I wasn’t sure if I counted :thinking: Glad to be part of the gang :sunglasses:

1 Like

It’s West Country enough! :wink:

1 Like

Hi, first of all I’m sorry for your loss my friend. It’s unbelievable how lost we can get. We think in the beginning that the drinking helps us to deal with it all, all the grief and guilt but it makes it’s soooo much worse. We have to get to the point of realisation ourselves but once we do we see how lost we are. Our mums would be so proud of us for hitting this head on. Did you see the post a week or two ago that @Ravikamor put up? It’s a video of a doctor explaining why we get so stuck, it’s so worth a watch, I’ll put the link up for you to see it. It’s really interesting and I wish I’d seen it at the beginning of my journey….
Found It! A must see to understand addiction
I’m so proud to be on this journey with you! :pray:t2::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Hi,

I haven’t been to one. I had treatment through counselling a couple of years ago and I have been pretty well behaved since. However I hit the self destruct button again this last bank holiday which brings me back here! I hope your meeting goes well, I am sure it will :grin:

2 Likes

yes and you should be digging me a hole :wink:

1 Like

Oooo sore point :flushed::woman_shrugging:t3: Turns out the man who’s field it was going to be in had more than an interest in my business acumen…. :roll_eyes: back to the drawing board, thank god the fields around here are endless lol. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Hey :wave: I’m from near Manchester

2 Likes

:wave:t3: hi Darren! I’m Claire - great to meet you

1 Like

Hi Claire

UK based Day 5. Hope it went well at your meeting

2 Likes

It’s this evening at 6 until 7 so will keep you posted. I’m meeting a lady who is taking me at 5 first so she can help me get over my nerves and so I don’t have to walk in alone

Have you ever taken this step before? Going to meetings I mean.
A good positive step. The very best of luck. Look forward to hearing how it went.

1 Like

Never… it was only on Sunday which I admitted I had a problem… but I’m going to try to go to as many as I can for the first month. Thank you x

Enjoy your meeting later Claire, glad you have someone to go with :+1:

1 Like

Thank you - feeling nervous but I know it’s a positive step

How the meeting go Claire?

1 Like

It was amazing! At the risk of sounding over dramatic, it was life changing. I even gave my story… and got my first medal!

6 Likes

That’s what I like to hear :tada: :raised_hands:

1 Like