Unwritten social rules and etiquette thread

Oh, my God! (Janice-tone)
That’s really too much!

1 Like

Nevertheless, some tourists were drying smelly socks.

1 Like

Chewing with jaws open as if Spielberg was ‘round the corner casting for… well, “Jaws”.
Disgusting!

4 Likes

Ewww! Why…blerch…

One of my collegues does that!!! She chews with open mouth AND talks!
It’s a pet peeve + I wanna punch her in the face when she does that lol
@sprinkles Believe me sneezing on the table is way more disgusting…

Really? I dont believe I’ve ever excused myself from the table to blow my nose. Seems silly.

I wouldn’t appreciate it if I was sat at the table eating and somebody blew their nose.
I wouldn’t be able to eat anymore of the meal :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Since they didn’t speak almost any English (then again, neither my English is that good) I pointed at the sign, but they just looked at me as if I was crazy and continued.
So I hurried to get away from the stench.

Found the security camera footage of one of your “accidents” Derek
tenor%20(3)

4 Likes

Don’t be an asshole. #1 rule.

4 Likes

I downshift and gas it. Bikers move over and throw me the finger (usually) because my exhaust scares them :woman_shrugging:t3::woman_shrugging:t3::woman_shrugging:t3: I got places to be!!!

1 Like

What about standing on Elevators in the Tube / Subway

You always stand to the right and let the fast movers go fast on your left

You stand at the left you get knocked out of the way

2 Likes

Man, if only I could wear a camera for one day, that was descibe the kind of people I live with every day that don’t even know what ettiqute is. I am dead serious, I would run out of letters to type if I were to get into it

1 Like

4 Likes

Wipe your pee, ladies! Or lift the seat if you’re hovering :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

You from Philly?

I have pretty strong feelings about that since I have 2 kids and a wife at home and ride to work a few days a week. If you were the one on the bike you might think about that a little differently.
Somebody saving 5 seconds on their commute at the risk on injuring or killing me isn’t justified. I’ve had friends who have been killed riding their bikes by drivers. Some have just kept driving. Boils down to a disregard for human life.
And I have been purposely hit by a driver that just sped off.

3 Likes

Im pretty sure she never stated she swerved at them. Downshifting puts her vehicle in the powerband. By downshifting, it allows her to accelerate quicker and get around the bicyclist faster, thus decreasing the time spent in the oncoming lane. That means safer driving. The side effect of downshifting is higher rpm, resulting in a louder sound.

I have personally seen numerous bicyclist disobey traffic control devices. If they want rights on the road, they need to follow the rules of the road too. There are bad apples on both sides.

1 Like

Thanks, I work as a car mechanic for a living so I’m well aware of engine operating principals. I also didn’t say that I thought she swerved at them. What she did say is she gets flipped off often when that happens so that leads me to believe that it’s not a nice pass. I suppose I shouldn’t assume, but I don’t flip people off unless they pass like an asshole.

I don’t come to complete stops at stop signs in my car when I drive in my car. I get to see tons of drives blow red lights,stop signs,text and drive. Who’s doing more damage in an accident? Car or a bike?
Cars disobey just as many traffic signals as a person on a bike might so that logic is flawed.
People just need patience. I have to remember that when I’m driving too, whether it’s behind a slow driver or whatever.

3 Likes

I just think that especially around where I live which is very rural if you’re going to bike on roads without a bike lane, bike at your own risk. These roads are scary with alof of sharp turns and narrow streets. There are plenty of bike paths and trails so if you’re gonna be riding on these roads, don’t get in my way. People more flip me off as they believe I’m going fast because my car is loud so I was half joking. I don’t disrespect bikers and I don’t plan on hitting anyone so sorry if you took what I said out of context.