Vape life!

It does make sense to me. I want meaning that your were drinking because your don’t see yourself to be as bad as her I just wanted to demonstrate how our brains can use things like that further down the line to trick and reason with us. You undoubtedly have supper and you are making an effort and of course you care about your sobriety because of the simple fact that your are here trying to address it .I used to have all the willpower in the world but as an example before I quit h cold turkey for the first time I would buy some, split it in to decreasing doses having less each day in the hope I could use that will power to gradually smoke less so my withdrawals would be less severe but I smoked it all that first night.
None of us are questioning your commitment and I know Derek isn’t trying to be negative towards you but I get why our send to be coming across to you in that way.
I get that your committed to it and your want to sorry taper down to make your withdrawals less severe but even if you have one less shot a day going off when you started if you don’t need the help of a doctor you would have been stopped now but your are still struggling with the withdrawals so I’m not questioning your commitment to it I can just see how beneficial it would be to you if your went to your doctor and made a solid plan with him. I just think it would help you is all :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I didn’t know you had both had to go through all that with your son and partner . How are they both doing now, have you been able to bring your son home yet.
God I bet your well proud😁

Was that for me? Very well said regardless lol

Everyone is home healthy and happy. And frigging tired lol

Which one, I’ve just posted one asking how your son and partner are doing.
I know you’ve got recovery down so any post along recovery lines wasn’t aimed at you.
I don’t think your were being negative but I get for it could have been misconceived to be so. That’s the thing I find with texts or posts it’s too easy to misunderstand the context :grin:

1 Like

Haha tired. That’s an experience I hope to have one day, children but it’s getting a bit too late in life :grin:

I attributed it to stress and insomnia too. But not only is that a normal part of withdrawal that just needed to be persevered through, it was also what chronic alcohol use did to me even when I wasn’t withdrawing.

Last time I tried to taper down on my own, I came to be about where you’re at now – I was doing more to reduce the harm, but I also hadn’t been able to stick to the taper. Spoiler: I got stuck doing this for weeks – tapering down, but later going over my limit. Every day of it, I thought I was doing okay considering what I’d had to go through, and thought I would be almost done. Nope, I kept on fooling myself, and it was weeks of just going in and out of withdrawal over and over again. I made it not up to me anymore and got help, and that was how it finally stopped.

I mean, it’s up to you, ultimately. I just think that what you’re going through right now is unnecessarily hard and drawn out. Whether you continue with your way or otherwise, I hope you find a way to be done soon. No one wants to see you still suffering because of alcohol.

2 Likes

Thankyou that’s more or less what I was trying to say but I just couldn’t seem to word it properly :+1:

1 Like

Wow, you all seem to know so much about vaping!
I know I have a Falcon King tank. Soft coils. It’s by far the best tank I’ve had. I had a smok baby which leaked. I had a valerian which also leaked. This one is great though.
A mate of mine does all the making of his own juice and coils and stuff, but I just wanna vape. Don’t want all the hassle.
As for liquid s, I tend to stick to one flavour, lemon sherbet.
Been on it now for 6 years I think and do feel better for it.
But since getting sober, I do see the attachment as the same as alcohol. I’ve always got to be aware of how much liquid I’ve got, can I charge it, coils etc etc. I’m on 3 mg NIC at the moment and am starting to drop that to hopefully get to 0 and then possibly stop.
I found I am vaping more and did go nuts on it when I first stopped drinking.
So I think it is here for a bit longer.:grinning:

2 Likes

Only just seen your post Geoff. In going through way too much juice again. I bought a niquitin patch taper kit but yet to use it. I look forward to a good vape :grin:

1 Like

It’s the only vice I have now. I enjoy it too much at the moment. Right tank, right juice. So … Yeah, it’s staying for a while. Maybe when this battery dies I might have another look at it. See where I am?

1 Like

I’m the same, Its my only vice now, I tried to cut down the nicotine recently, it was going ok until I ran out and used my old juice. I decided I actually enjoy it (for now) and I can’t feel it doing any harm (again for now) I definitely feel better than when I was smoking, so I guess mines staying a bit longer too

2 Likes

There’s far worse things we could be doing :+1:

2 Likes