Veganuaury

My first home cooked vegan meal. Vegan kebabs. Anyone else doing it? Or do people feel they’ve given up enough things they liked :blush:

15 Likes

It looks delivous. I went vegan last january.

2 Likes

I’ve stop eating meat in august 2018. It was my first attemp to get clean of everything. Cigarettes, alcool, cocaïne and my toxic relationship.I relapse for everything exept the meat :wink:
I decide to go vegan the 1 of january. Make sense to me. Maybe we can share some recipe here :blush: And I’m very proud to be sober of everything again, including the ex :wink:

4 Likes

Yum! I’ve been vegan for over 10 years, and am always looking for new recipes.

3 Likes

I’ve been vegan for almost 5 years now. Congratulations on Veganuary!! I hope you go beyond.

4 Likes

I’m doing it because I see it getting bigger and bigger and I want to understand what it would be like in order to engage in the topic. The environmental pressure of mass dairy and meat farming means this ain’t going anywhere.

So far not too bad but WOW! dairy is in sooo much stuff!

5 Likes

If I even tried to go vegan in my house my kids would shoot me for meat. Lol

1 Like

Just made pasta with vegetables and feta. My teenager laught at me saying it wasn’t vegan because of the cheese. He didn’t saw the difference :joy:

5 Likes

Oh I’m a big meat eater don’t get me wrong I loooove my meat! That’s why I’m doing it

I have no interest in becoming a vegan, but I hold a high reverence for those that live that lifestyle! Keep us posted on how it goes :blush:

1 Like

Doesn’t have to be drastic and go vegan in one day. Just to take time to realize how much we waste and how we treat the animal. I do it because of the suffering we create.
Maybe start with one vegeterian meal a week. And to be fare, a hot dog sausage made with meat vs veggies taste exacly the same with ketchup :wink:

6 Likes

I’m interested in seeing some easy mid-week recipes :+1:

… by easy, I mean not too much prep work :grimacing:

2 Likes

My wifes vegan and am eating so much more vegan foods its great especially battling demons

3 Likes

We eat vegetarian a few times a week. My husband was a dairy farmer before he moved out west so we are very conscious of what we buy. But I also have 3 kids with special needs that are very picky eaters, and I like meat! You are correct though, we all need to be more conscious of the environmental and ethical consequences of our every day consumption.

1 Like

Isn’t this just another @Englishd thread :man_shrugging:t2:

Kiddin, I respect you vegans a lot! but imma win my fight my addiction of substances first, then I’ll consider meatfree burgers.

3 Likes

Does that count? When you eat a person that doesn’t eat meat?

1 Like

I have been a vegan for 2 years and just started OMAD last month which is helping with not drinking at night. I get so excited about my one meal, I forget to think about wine!

8 Likes

I want to cry when I look at bbq chips or salt and vinegar and see “milk”. I’ve been known to throw things in the grocery aisle for stupid use of milk in the ingredients.

Sadly my husband is NOT good at reading ingredients lists yet…he brings home stuff he assumes is vegan all the time. Veggie tots…contained eggs. Veggie Chili…contained butter. Ugh.

4 Likes

I am the only vegan in the house, so I cook meat and fish for my kids and my husband. And they got cow milk and honey. Of course I hope they will go vegan some day. Maybe then they become teenagers?

2 Likes

Welcome to the plantbased food :wink:
Another Vegan here 🙋
Have a family of 5 with 2 meat eters, 2 vegetarians and me the vegan.
You will explore a lot of new food and recipies in your vegan january!!
Have fun!!

3 Likes