Venting for advice

I’m new to this app. My neighbor had told me about it but I haven’t used it yet. I’m a drinker I don’t drink everyday but on the days I do drink I spiral as they would say in jersey shore like Snooki’s. I have a very high tolerance so I keep going till I get pretty tipsy or drunk. I hate getting like that especially around my family and kids. I wanna do better I don’t wanna mess up my life up. My mother has told me that I needed to get help. I am capable of not having a drinks but at times I wanna drink and than I don’t know my limit

3 Likes

Welcome Ashlee :wave:t2: :innocent:

We’ve all been there. Every one of us here is here because we realized at some point that whatever thing we were drinking or using, was causing problems. When something causes problems like that, it’s time to try another way of living.

Our addictions sneak up on us and whisper in our ear: “come on, it’ll be fine, it’ll feel good, don’t worry about it, just go for it today”. It’s a lie; it’s bullshit; there is never a day where we’re glad we did it. Think back to every morning after. They’re always the same.

Stick around here and read up on some of people’s stories. Check in & keep yourself accountable:

Checking in daily to maintain focus #46

Explore some books, podcasts, and support groups about alcohol - there’s www.AA.org, and also other groups too. It might feel nervous or even scary at first - it can feel that way - but reaching out for help it the first step to moving forward. It certainly was for me.

There’s also online groups, like www.InTheRooms.com, and this 24-hour meeting:

Take care and don’t give up. Keep us posted :innocent:

2 Likes

Welcome! This is a great first step. Be active, it will help. Tons of advice, success stories and cautionary tales on here.

2 Likes

Welcome Ashlee to this great sober community.
I remember not drinking everyday. But when I did one was too many and a hundred wasn’t enough. Then I started drinking every day. But only after 5 pm. Then I started drinking at lunch time. And eventually I was always drinking. Because it’s a progressive disease this alcoholism.

Have a good read around. Join in when your comfortable.

2 Likes