Virtual United Airlines NYC Half Marathon March 20-28, 2021

No, I don’t have anything like this, my running gear is just a shoe really. I tend to skip winter in running. I didn’t even know these stuff exist for runners. Are these coils and spikes like a crampon?

2 Likes

Yes, just like a crampon. No slipping & sliding on icy spots

1 Like

wow, it looks really handy in these weather conditions. Probably it’s time to upgrade my gear. Thanks for the idea!

2 Likes

Where are you guys running, that you need snow gear…

That’s a treadmill day for me lol.

1 Like

@Fury :joy::joy: Its freezing outside! Lucky you have a treadmill.

1 Like

I go to a gym, i would nope my way out of that real quick

2 Likes

Today I had a nice run, it was colder a bit but luckily no ice just snow.

2 Likes

[UPDATE]
So on Feb 4 I did injured my knee accidently. It does hurt on my runs but I tried not to pay to much attention to it. I hope it will go away soon or I will be forced to skip few runs.

1 Like

Dude, if it still hurts after 8 days you may consider to skip a few runs now so that you can continue the trainings later. If you burden it with long runs, like that 17 km one, it won’t have time to regenerate.

2 Likes

Went for a short run, next time it should be a bit longer as the first week of the training is coming to its end. It’s still icy below the snow sometimes, can’t wait to have clean paths again.

2 Likes

Todays run was still about slaloming around the ice spots - so frustrating.

2 Likes

3 Likes

@Tomek Nice work getting those miles in!

2 Likes

16K today (converted miles to km for ya)

2 Likes

Nice run on the hill in the spring.

2 Likes

Damn. Just saw that post. I wish I’d have seen it before!
I’m currently training for half-triathlon for this summer so a half marathon try right now could be cool. But it’s right into the crossfit open season, hugh…
If in 3 weeks there’s not to many snow here like this weekend I could give it a go! I’ll catch up on the thread later I’m interested.
Good to see you guys going !

2 Likes

Where do you live ? I’m in Canada and that’s mostly why I don’t run that much in the winter :confused: but I’d like to run more. Maybe I’ll get some crampon to put on my running shoes… what do you wear?

2 Likes

I live in the Czech Republic. It’s a lot warmer now I guess, around 6-8 Celsius, so the ice is gone, but I’m sick, so I haven’t had any chance to run lately, I haven’t even been outside.
I don’t have anything on my shoes, so it’s pretty slippery during the winter, but maybe I’ll buy a crampon for the next season.

2 Likes

It’s free to register, so you can apply and see if you run it or not.
What are the distances on the half-triathlon?
Are there actual races still organized? I mean despite lockdown.

2 Likes

I’m sorry that you’re injured so badly, I hope you get well soon. I like your insight on this. Whatever you decide, an honest decision is always a good decision.

1 Like