Vitamins or healthy supplements

Does anyone have certain vitamins that they take everyday? I take a multi vitamin but wondering if there’s more I should be taking.
Also I’m 100 days clean from heroin but still feel kind of crappy when I wake up… until I get my day going. Idk if I’m just getting old or what lol

1 Like

Vitamin coffee is great for my mornings

1 Like

I tagged u in another thread that may help. You can use the magnifying glass search bar for older threads on things like this. Top right of your screen:)

1 Like

2 vitamin d and 2 b12. Taking those instead of 20mg of Prozac. Faster and longer lasting effects.

Hey @Sams23 Congratulations on 100 days! :smile:
I take liquid vitamins. And have to say I’m terrible about remembering them daily, so it’s more like 4-5 x a week. They work great, especially the B complex has a good energy boost. I just don’t like big old horse pills or pills with a bad aftertaste :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I take a quality multi-vitamin formulated for men over 50, because I am striving to be a quality man, over 50. I take Tumeric to prevent joint and muscle pain, inflammation, to maintain my active life. I take fish oil for heart/joint/brain health, and a glucosamine & Chondriton supplement for joint support.

I also drink a lot of white and green tea, for antioxidants.

3 Likes

Congratulations on 100 days!! Vitamins might help a little but you’ll feel better waking up over time, I used heroin also it took a good 6 months or so before my sleep was good and during that time I would feel sluggish in the morning and I would yawn all day long even if I didn’t feel tired haha it was so annoying but over time it stopped and I woke up feeling great I’m 8 days away from 18 months clean now

1 Like

I felt depressed and crappy at 18 months sober, and taking 250mg of magnesium daily was like turning on a light switch for me. Still doing well a year later, but changed to one tab which includes 125mg Magnesium, plus some Zinc and Calcium

2 Likes

What a wonderful accomplishment!! Congrats :blush:

Here’s what I take daily

I drink/chug about 32oz of water before I get out of bed every morning to wake myself up/feel better. I use a bendy rubber straw so I can stay in bed while I’m drinking it lol

I also take melatonin to help me sleep.

Every morning, I take a multivitamin, echinacea, a Solgar 20 billion probiotic, D3, and spirulina tablets. At night, before bed, I take candida tablets.

Magnesium, B complex, NAC, Electrolytes, and lots of water.

I sometimes put some Emoxypine in the group as well. :raised_hands:

I take d3, biotin and a probiotic for women in the AM. I was taking krill oil or fish oil, but am going to take a break and see how that feels. At night I take Magtien and may add in another magtein in the day.