Want to be sober

New here , looking for tips mainly suççort

7 Likes

Welcome to the community Paul! Great job in working to overcome your addiction.

This site has been super helpful for me - the community is very supportive and caring. No judgement here as we are all working towards an addiction free lifestyle.
The more active you are here the more privileges you gain and are able to see threads and stories that will help in your sobriety.

I would also work on changing up daily routines (make sure to avoid any triggers and make sure to not have idle time). May even need to change up social circles / scenes (at lease till you get some solid footing with your sobriety).

Meetings have been very helpful to most. You can do in person or try doing an on line or both. For on line - you can mute yourself and shut off camera if you are not comfortable from the beginning. From meetings - try to find a sponsor that may be a good fit for you. In real life support is very important.

Few threads that are super helpful to me are
Checking in daily to maintain focus #57
and
Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #4

Wishing you luck on your journey my friend - hope to see you around.

1 Like

Welcome! I was just thinking. Is it “ Want to be Sober!” Or “Want to be Sober?” In both events Talking Sober is the place to be. I want to be sober and stay sober. I am at 45 days. I have found so much support here . Do you want to be sober and stay sober? Read all you can hear and reach out for help… One day at a time is great motto

2 Likes

Maybe ameeting meet lots of nice sober people who want to be sober they worked for me wish you well

1 Like