Ways to pass time

Really trying to work on bettering myself any tips

3 Likes

What kind of things are you into? What things have you thought would be interesting to get into?

I think exercise is a great deterrent. Besides that im in the same situation as you. I get bored and believe that drinking is going to make whatever im doing more fun. Even if im just sitting on the couch. Its so stupid really. I try clean things, go for a walk etc. Im only on day 9

2 Likes

Welcome! There’s a group of new folks checking in with each other and offering support and suggestions to stay clean and sober. Check it out and there might be something useful for you: Marching Towards Sobriety

You can always use the magnifying glass :mag_right: at the top to search for topics and read up, too! There are lots of threads about things like hobbies, music, art, and photos of pets and the outdoors.

1 Like

Thanks @RosaCanDo!

@Foreverfree36! Yes about exercise. Exercise is something I usually have to force myself to do. Hungover? Ain’t happening. To really shake it up I have been getting up at 5 a.m. three days/week and getting to the gym. A rather short 45 minute workout, but it makes a HUGE difference in how my day and week starts out. And I also bring the dog for a 1.5 mile walk daily. These things make me feel so much better. And I think since I have to force myself a bit the benefits are even more. I have been doing this since before Christmas and the benefits are showing. Oh yeah - I am on Day 10, but my drinking behavior for the past while (years?) involves binging for a day or two every few months or so. Really want to stop that. Years ago I was an every day drinker and NEVER exercised.

2 Likes

Depends on what you’re wondering there is tons of information that many have offered in the forum you can search for some more specified information within the community. Feel free to browse around and take a look, mental health memes, health/fitness, entertainment/inspiration. Welcome to the sober fam