Weed is now a problem

well that clears it up! it’s not all people just trying to quit… there are also sober people gearing up some support for the holidays… makes sense! I’ll probably do the same… I find myself checking the app before going out for social functions as a quick reminder.

1 Like

Absolutely you can! Addiction is addiction is addiction. You can still find support in an AA or NA group.

1 Like

this will be my first totally clean holiday. I would have to smoke something or take a happy pill to feel comfortable around others. in the past 3 months and 16 days without favorite vice I haven’t gone out or functioned much at all. even being home and being productive is tough. I look forward to the day I can get a full time gig bc underemployment sucks.

1 Like

thanks. I just can’t help but think about the scene from Half Baked. I think since I smogged all day and it helped stop everything else it seems tougher. plus since it is looked at as not a big deal I almost feel embarrassed that I’m struggling with this one still. this group does help. I just miss it so much.

1 Like

With some good time I bet you will come a long way! The one thing that will come eventually is that thing (not a drug) that was holding you back in the first place. I think that’s the hardest part… fixing that thing that you chose to numb yourself over. It’s still there… but now you can fix it. I grew up in an alcoholic home and that dynamic had explained a lot of why I am this person and why I have been more comfortable with certain decisions I have made. I attend meetings for adult children of alcoholics, learning a lot of great things about myself… and very much like the direction my life is heading even though I’m also fearful. Best wishes on the holiday! Know that there will be plenty of us out there sipping on mocktails while trying to dance and laugh at white elephant gifts… (maybe that one is just me) but you’re not alone!

1 Like

you hit the nail on the head. without the numbness those things so to speak become more painful and I have the baggy eyes from the nightmares and poor sleep to prove it. meditating helps though I can’t meditate all day. I still have to work and find full-time employment, and this time of year I will have all those people asking me questions and making comments I do not want to hear. I am going for therapy though. I use my self medicating money to help with the copayments. thank you for your words and insight.

1 Like

yup, family can suck. i hear you. I find it tough being the younger sister of super industrious and successful sister with a beautiful house, husband and kids and I had to downsize to a studio apartment that is even smaller than my first apartment in my early 20s. (the fact that she is a total bitch to me and doesn’t want me around “her family” because " I have a shadow of darkness and negativity over me" doesn’t help). truth be told this is my favorite apartment. as for not ever having kids or getting married… I wish people would mind their own business. shit happens or doesn’t happen.

1 Like

oh and thanks for the breathing reminder. I read about that breathing technique somewhere before. I will use it. thanks.

1 Like

Yes ma’am you can. AA solved every bit of alcohol and drug abuse in my life. Cause it’s not the drugs that the problem, it was me. It was so liberating when all those desires were lifted. AA might be Alcoholics Anonymous but it will take care of every thing in your life if your willing to put he foot work in. Hope that helps you

1 Like

it does. thank you.

Your very welcome. If you have any other questions I’ll be more than willing to help anyway I can

I’m sorry for my comment then

Question : how do you deal with personal/family issues in a way that it doesn’t affect your sobriety? My parents are divorcing, even though I’m an adult with my own life, it sucks to see my parents like that. Today I feel weird at work : a mix of stress and irritation.

2 days no weed for me. I was a 10+ years everyday user. I am experiencing withdrawals, insomnia, nausea, loss of appetite and mind racing at night. I too smoked after-work to relax and wind down. I’m hoping to be more productive and social now. Finding this forum is helping me. Best of luck to you and be strong.

3 Likes

Just feeling the feelings. Find someone you can talk to about it in person. Life is hard sometimes. Maybe exercise or a creative outlet like art or music.

1 Like

I tried verbena infusion before bed, I don’t promise you a peacefull night, but it helped a little. Thank you for your comment, be strong too.

Well that’s the thing, because I’ve always assciated weed and creation/art, i’d rather not create too soon so that it doesn’t make me wanna smoke. But you’re right, in time I will.

Merci pour tes conseils :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for including me. It makes me (I dna if it’s selfish or not) but it makes me relieved im not the only person that feels like weed has as much power as it does. Ppl around me tend to paint it as not a big deal but that’s a huge lie. It has wrecked the good parts of me and i want them back

1 Like

Where do i search that