Weekend support - mentor? Anyone?

Hi everyone. Just checking in with y’all (my sister in law is Texan. It’s stuck lol).
So an amazing thing happened. My husband went to the shop to get stuff for a bbq this afternoon and I thought he was gona ask me if I wanted wine. And I will absolutely admit I was a bit disappointed when he didn’t ask. Then I thought he might phone me whilst he was there. And he didn’t. So when he returned with beer for himself and a bottle of alcohol free Prosecco for me :open_mouth: I was initially a bit disappointed but now I feel so happy he is supporting me and I have no pressure to drink today!!!
It’s 2:45 pm here. I’m gona take this afternoon hour by hour. And I’m starting to think there’s a small chance I’ll be able to do this!

3 Likes

hey your doing great and your higher power is looking out for you plus your hubby sounds like a decent bloke who obviously enjoys spending time with the new you. remember today is just like any other day. stay strong we’re thinking of you. And yes I am still at work but thought I would just check in and see how you are doing. You got this. :100::muscle:

1 Like

Thanks @Dolse71 your message just brought MASSIVE smiles to my face! :grin::grin:
Of course today is like any other. It’s lockdown! There’s no such things as weekends anymore! Weird how our brains are wired thou huh?
What do you do for work? Hope you finish soon enough and enjoy the weather :upside_down_face:
I can’t my head around all you lovely people out there somewhere in the world thinking of me and interested to support me thru this weekend. So so kind :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Cookin in a care home :scream:

3 Likes

Hi @siand I am in the north west. It’s absolutely STUNNING here this afternoon SO SO SO hot!
Weather is supposed to turn toMora so enjoying it now whilst I can :yum:
My daughter will be up from her nap soon so I’ll fill the paddling pool and my hubby will fire up the bbq. Family time is just my most favourite. Here are my two on our walk to feed the ducks this morning.

3 Likes

@Dolse71 gosh it must be HOT in there! :fire:

1 Like

yeah but the breaks are nice and the meat is fresh :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Ah I’m in the north west too, Cheshire :blush:

It has been lovely today! BBQ and paddling pool sounds perfect. Bet your daughter is loving having you hangover free to enjoy it with

1 Like

Yay!! I’m rooting for you. But I know you can do it. Easy peasy.

It sounds like you’ve been having an awesome day and it sounds like your husband is amazing. I felt the same way when my husband stopped asking if I wanted something to drink too. Like wth :laughing::laughing: It’s so weird how we react like that. But they are just being supportive and that’s such an incredible thing to have. Not everyone has support like that.

Keep up the good work girl and enjoy your bbq! I’ll admit I’m a bit jealous. I’m in the states in Michigan and it was snowing yesterday. It is absolutely NOT supposed to be snowing in May.

2 Likes

Whelp I drank last night. Stayed up till 1 am with a neighbor and got wasted. I feel like shit and honestly I’m sad no one on here reached out to check in. I fully own that it’s my fault, no one else. I think one of my issues is i care and give to everyone all the time, every day. And I don’t feel that in return. I don’t feel like anyone cares about me. I knew yesterday that i shouldn’t buy the wine- literally circled around the store thinking about how i should not l. And then I just did.

1 Like

Sorry you feel that way; I’m just back on day 2. We can help each other if you want!

Thanks Donna! I would appreciate that :blush:

1 Like

Where do you live; I live in FL. It’s 2:06 p.m. here now. My trouble times are early evening.

Awwww @lovelife I can assure you that certainly isn’t the case and I am so sorry you feel this way.
Why do you feel like shit? Are you hungover? Or is it guilt or anxiety? Did you enjoy your time with your neighbour?
Do you know what your trigger was last night? I have honestly been fighting SO hard today to not have that first drink. I was within a whisker of having a drink. And trust me, this is the first weekend in we’ll over a year that I’ve not drank. Tbf it’s not over yet there’s Sunday still to go.
You are in my thoughts. Please don’t feel you have to do this alone.

1 Like

It’s been incredible today hasn’t it? :sunny: made the most of it before the weather changes tomora.
I think she still maybe a little young to notice but I certainly love being sober and present with her. It’s the day time and mornings not being hungover and being excited to play and go on adventures. And obviously less of the ‘im a shit mum’ guilt.
How’s your sober journey going? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Snowing in may?! :see_no_evil: my brother lives in Texas and it’s hot there right now.
How’s your sober journey going?

this is the first I’ve heard about it or trust me you would have got a good 15 mins of bullshit😂Don’t take it personally bc hundreds of people write hundreds of posts so a few may well slip through the net plus never dwell on the past, it’s time to move on now so stop letting your ego fuck with your head. I’ve been through that “people are ignoring me stage” turns out sometimes I gotta look out for myself. We come first everyone else can sit back and watch the show.

1 Like

Washington! It’s 12pm here - so hungover :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Yes I’m very hungover and it’s a beautiful day which always makes it worse! I didn’t even pick up until about 730 pm… and after I was upset about a miscommunication with my boyfriend… I made a bon fire and it was a beautiful night. I had one glass over 2 hours and then the second one turned into about 7 rapidly. I had fun with the neighbor but don’t remember the end of the night and apparently I was yelling at my sweet boyfriend and saying things like “I’m a piece of shit”… I’ve talked to him a million times about alcohol problems and she doesn’t know what to do… I finally said I should talk to my friend (my prior sponsee in AA but he doesn’t know that) and asked him how he would feel if i was an alcoholic… he said he didn’t think i was one :woman_facepalming: I honestly don’t care anymore. I used to care a lot about what others thought after i binge drank and made a mess of myself… but I don’t care anymore and that’s super concerning to me. Thoughts of killing myself cross my mind (I certainly will not and don’t want to) but the thoughts are scary!!!

Tough love is what I need. I’m an executive and people look to me all the time for answers. I constantly support others and today i feel no one supports me. That’s not true however, but it feels that way. I’m being a baby about it and for today I’ll allow that- feel the feels ya know? But i fully realize i have to do this for myself and not hinge sobriety on others

1 Like