Weekend Temptations Approaching

Great job lady!!! You really are living this weekends ass! :heart:

3 Likes

It’s terrifying, isn’t it!!! Gawd, if we could only be like “normal” drinkers. Expect it to suck, focus on really listening to people, and drink ANYTHINK non-alcoholic you want. It’ll be cheaper anyway, and you need a reward. I’m on day 15 and said, “I could, but today is not the day”. I went out KNOWING I’d be around a bar…and I was hell-bent that I would NOT drink. I prepared well so I went in strong. I’ve made it through three events I’d normally be thrashed while in attendance. Truth.
Prepare, commit that THIS is not the weekend. It sucks, but if you can do it, you’ll feel AMAZING and even stronger! Until…the next weekend. :laughing::woman_shrugging:t3::heart:

4 Likes

4 days 13 hours

I’m still unsure how I resisted it last night but I am actually staying strong.

This is what happened. I am from Kenya but I live in South Africa. I have friends from Kenya who have been in South Africa on holiday and yesterday was their last day in town so they asked me to show them around. Now they also know me as a heavy drinker and as soon as I met up with them at a Saturday market, they offered me vodka. I declined. Had a lemonade instead. We moved to a different place and there was more vodka. I had ginger beer instead. I did take them around town to several different bars and clubs but did not drink at all.

It’s still early. I do not want to pat myself on the back. I had a few moments when I thought, I could have one beer. But then I actually came on here and read about that craving and weighing the pros and cons. Which I did. And ordered water instead. I’ll not be doing that kind of thing again anytime soon.

Thanks everyone for all the support you give each other. That support has actually stopped this man from resetting at 4 days in.

6 Likes

Stay strong! You’ve made it this far, you can make it the rest of the weekend. I have to say, that’s very brave of you to take your friends to bars and clubs. Keep resisting the temptation and give yourself that pat on the back.

3 Likes

WOW!!! You are FOCUSED!!! I’m on day 15 and have faced a lotbo temptation and passed, but not to the level you did! I am impressed and highly inspired! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing. It CAN be done! I will remember your story in times of weakness. Awesome!

2 Likes

One last weekend update:
We didn’t go to my bestfriends house last night. He was in pain from surgery and told me that the pain meds weren’t helping much so he was going to take about 4 shots. As soon as he said that I knew better. He’d end up drinking in front of me and getting drunk. I just blamed the cancellation on the rain and the storms that would be passing through. All was well and he didn’t realize what I was doing. I stayed home all day, hung out with my son, cooked, binge watched some Netflix, and slept a lot. It was great. We’ll be doing the same thing today but it’s also laundry day and I’m makig stuffed bell peppers for dinner. I made it through my first sober week and weekend. Hallelujer!! Praise the Lort!

2 Likes

Good on ya
I’m feeling so anxious and want to drink. If I can make it through tonight then I’ll have made it a week. I’m drinking lots of tea and made chocolate chip walnut muffins last night when the wee ones were asleep last night. Today we are just hanging around the house for now.

1 Like

I gave in
I didn’t make it
Reset the clock
Day 1… again.
Hope you made it and continue to stack up days.much love and power to you.