Weight loss

When your liver is not busy with alkohol it have more time to help you with fat, also your other entrails work better. Hard to describe it cus english is not my language :sweat_smile:

This is exactly what I did… I didn’t want to write it to take the wind out of her sails, lol

2 Likes

I’ve lost 30 lbs since dec 1st. Then again i haven’t had a great appetite since getting sober but I’m not complaining

I started this journey on Jan 2nd for the main purpose to be healthier and lose weight. I’m doing this in stages, first stage is just cut out alcohol entirely. I’ve lost about 6 lbs since Jan 2nd. When I hit a month, I plan to count calories to help start eating healthier and the when I hit 2 months, I plan to focus on excersizing more. All baby steps to being healthy. I feel that the weight should be coming off faster since I’ve cut out the alcohol calories and my eating habits haven’t changed but I also feel that my body is still healing too so it may take longer ( plus I’m in my 40’s so I I’ve got that slower metabolism going for me. Ugh) Good luck to you and be patient! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve lost 3lb, 7 days sober but I have been maxing out the training with all this alcohol free time :grin:

Thanks everyone, after reading your posts I think I’ll be losing weight as I eat like a gluttonous pig when I drink. Friday, I ate a 1/2 large pizza and cheesy breadsticks and that was my late night snack if that gives you any ideas. When I don’t drink I log my calories and I’m around 1000-1200 Cal’s. Not very often that I don’t drink until now.

I actually gained weight after i laid off cocaine but im much healthier. However im starting a keto lifestyle with some intermitteng fasting here and there and i already lost 2 pounds per week! 6 pounds im 3 weekz!

For me sobriety does help with losing weight. mostly because going out to drink and smoke pot always meant late-night eating. i also smoked weed during the day and that made me eat a lot. i have bulimia so most of the times i overate i would also throw up… but when i used to get clean and didn’t smoke or drink I’d lose weight

I was drinking well over 1000 calories a day and never wanted to cook or clean so I also ate out every day. Since quitting I’ve lost 10lbs in 75 days with minimum exercise. I am eating much better. Fruits and veggies every day as I was not at all while drinking. I’m back where I should be so I’m happy with that.

2 Likes

Fitbit is great… It keeps me active 10 out of 10 hours a day… :blush:

1 Like

I wonder how accurate this is. For me, it’s :100: accurate. Wish I knew how to make a poll lol

1 Like

May i ask which weight loss app you are using :blush:

That’s great! Good for you. Do you have to buy all new clothes? I love this idea. Buying new clothes. But I don’t think I’ve lost much in 9 days.

1 Like

When I stopped drinking, I was at 205, with minimal activity. Currently fluctuating between 188-192. Meal prep weekly, heavy lifting 3-4x a week, cardio, track my calories and macros, etc.

The pounds will come off when you quit, but proper diet and some form of exercise will definitely help.

Sure. I heard about it on NPR Radio. It’s called Noom. I think u go to noom.com or just google it. It does cost money though. It’s not a free app. But u get 2 weeks free trial. Then I think u can pick your payment plan. I like it so far. You get a coach. You also get a group to chat with after a couple of weeks. And it’s so easy to log your food and calories and exercise and weight all right on your phone. I do wish my group and my coach were more of a support group like on here. You know we give each other support and praise and help when we think of using. But it seems like the group is full of ideas and other things, sharing like recipes and knowledge which is nice. I just turned sixty and fat drunk and hungover is not the way to finish off my life after 45 years of solid drinking. I’m sticking with both and I’m feeling great!!!

1 Like

Thanks appreciate that. No new clothes yet. But what I’m wearing is fitting better. It’s nice not having to suck it all in and hold your breath to button your jeans. I think I’ve reached a plateau but I’m not stopping til my goal weight of 200. Twenty pounds to go. Being sober sure helps. 32 days, but who’s counting :joy: Buying new shorts and jeans could be fun.
:pray::heart:

So many great benefits when we sober the frick up???:crazy_face:. I’m like this honey crisp apple actually taste great! ! Who’d a thought?

I hear there’s always a plateau with weight loss and getting through that plateau without giving up is the trick. I myself am looking forward to not having to do quite so many deep squats when I put on freshly washed jeans, trying to loosen them up. But congrats again, it must feel great. :muscle:

1 Like

You may have seen some of these already, but posting for anyone who this is helpful for…

… A collection of active health/ fitness/ weight loss threads :blush:

@ZerroWine-ing Hi Sober tribe,
I’m new to the group but wanted to respond to say, YES! you most definitely do drop the pounds with sobriety!

I am on day 15 and I have dropped a massive 8 pounds already!! I have never been as heavy in my life as the last year. The wine piled on the pounds and I went up from 9st to 10st 12!! :weary:

I am eating really healthily, cut out sugar and bread and pasta and the weight is melting off my tummy. I feel really excited and happy and know that I am never going to be a drinker ever again. Keep going, stay positive and keep focused on how amazing you are going to look in a short period of time. Sobriety brings back our beauty.

I have been sober for 3 years back :back: n 2018 and during the pandemic (like so many people) I slipped up and began drinking wine again. It became a slippery slope. I am now reignited and determined to never go back to that. I am looking forward to being the slender and brighter looking version of my old self. You too will be this :heart:

2 Likes