Weightloss CHECK IN : dont give up 2

You should be proud of yourself @Cjp you’re doing great!

2 Likes

Just wanna say thank you for this inspiring thread. You all are doing great!
I’m struggling with keeping my weight on a healthy level for years and years. I guess mentioned that before.
Started a losing weight challenge with myself in January this year again. And it went great from the start for 4 month, then I slipped again on wine and bad food and scale went mad again…
So… here I am again 2 month sober again the recently gained weight almost gone again and I’m trying to keep active and focused this time.
Thank you for reading. I’m glad you’re all here with me.
Have a wonderful sober and healthy weekend everyone.

3 Likes

WOW - this is fantastic and grateful that you are seeing the benefits of sobriety. Keep it up :muscle:

2 Likes

76kg today which I feel comfortable at. I’m not deliberately restricting food but my appetite is still very poor. I’m making the effort though.

4 Likes

My scale is so stubborn, keep showing the same numbers… But I’m not giving up. I like the feeling that intermittent fasting is giving me. Like you girls said - it also stops mindless eating. I was always thinking I wasn’t eating after kids went to sleep but now I see how much I snacked here and there. A bit of brie, sunflower seeds, some cookies, NA beer… Definitely not ‘nothing’
I think I should put my scale in other place, maybe this one has some bad vibes :wink:

5 Likes

Haha, love the scales with bad vibes. I think mine had a bad attitude for a while. All these nasty scales :wink:

You describe the feeling IF gives you perfectly. I am sure it reduces your appetite too. Keep going, my weight was really stubborn to shift and now I am finally seeing the benefits. Once it starts moving it seems to build momentum. Persevere with it!

4 Likes

Don’t be too focused on the scales. It’s only numbers, isn’t it?
I’m glad you notice a difference already @Mischa84 and I totally get you with being surprised about the intake at night. Was the same with me. A little piece of cheese here, a cracker there, bit of chocolate… you name it.
I’m doing ok with avoiding snacks so far, but I’m still struggling with eating healthy. Still too often it is just a takeaway or a bread roll and a salad. I really need to get more into healthy food and home cooking.
Well tonight it’s dinner at a restaurant as my eldest takes us out for a meal to celebrate his birthday. He’s 31 now :heart_eyes: but umphh … seeing these numbers makes me realize that I’m getting old :joy:
Have a wonderful sober Sunday everyone :sun_with_face:

4 Likes

Weekly checkin…

Down 1lb! I was nervous when i weighed in mid week and was up :confused: good thing im committed to only weighing in 1x per week regularly so i dont fixate too much.

Measurements are making progress too.

15lbs to go.

6 Likes

147.4 lbs. Slow and steady! I’m actually just starting on a low FODMAP elimination diet to try and hone in on my IBS triggers, so that’s helping me not overeat, but it also means tracking everything twice (and also tracking GI symptoms and moods) which is a pain!

My field season is ending, so I have to remember to adjust my calorie intake since I won’t be hiking all day and I’ll be home a lot :cry: time to get back to the gym!

4 Likes

3 Likes

Great work! My first milestone/goal was 11st (just made it) and my second is 147 lbs as that puts me in healthy weight so very jealous of your numbers! Hope you sort the IBS.

What is a field season?

1 Like

Amazing work, so impressive. I am eating so badly recently, particularly since my cold took away my appetite for everything except sugar and salt! A timer might help focus me.

1 Like

196.6 lbs
I think I’m still maintaining. Which is great since the Cali trip and all the fine restaurants.

4 Likes

Well the number on the scale was not what i was expecting. I gained 0.2lbs this week which is not a lot but is in the wrong direction. Queue the mental gymnastics.

I just wish weightloss was more of an exact science grrr. Im following the dietician and trainers advice.

I will remain positive and continue what im doing. If nothing changes in 2 weeks imma have to tweak something.

3 Likes

Oh that is frustrating! Maybe try again tomorrow? I had a 1lb difference over 2 days recently, so may be that. Or your cycle? :unamused:

Keep going at it though, overall you are doing so well :clap:

2 Likes

This is not good. Back up to 273lbs. My doctor says I says I’m building muscle mass from fat. This can’t be good. I am working really hard. I can go longer distance now, I’m working out for longer and back to the weight i lost. Well not back to 284 but the doc says it’s progress.
Let’s do this

3 Likes

Sorry the scales are disappointing. Are you losing inches? I didn’t lose any weight initially in the gym as I was building muscle, but my clothes fit better and I was reducing in size. It stressed me out that I wasn’t losing it but decided to play the long game. Now it is starting to come off and I am making progress. I hope yours does soon

2 Likes

Weighed in at 235.0 this morning. I have been pretty much Plateaued and stuck between 232 - 237 for 4 months. I’m switching things up with Fasted workouts (at least done with food 12 hours before working out) i did a fasted HIIT Swim this morning, which i found i had more energy for which was great. I’ll throw in 2-a-days a couple of times a week with swimming in the AM, lifting in the afternoon, switch things up along with 160-200g of protein a day which hitting my macros. Already lost 31 lbs, i need to lose another 30.

4 Likes

75.1kg this morning. I’m happy with that, and feeling my clothes are fitting me well.

5 Likes

Yes inches are coming off
Shorts are needing a belt. I do see progress in my size
I’m feeling less full when i eat. In other words I’m not stuffing myself
In fact, my support group says i have less gray hair
I’m just putting in weight
But
Today i weigh in at 271
Long game it is

3 Likes