Weightloss CHECK IN : dont give up 2

Protein powders

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been drinking 1 to 2 shakes a day, still falling short. :face_with_raised_eyebrow::man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Same boat, Iā€™ve lost about 1.5 lbs of muscle last couple weeks. 2 scoops of protein powder, one with breakfast smoothie another post workout.
Think I need to incorporate some boiled eggs into food minus egg yolk to keep calories down.

Love to hear how others keep protein up as I figure Iā€™m about 30-50g shy daily.

3 Likes

I used to log my food with a notebook, I just transitioned to an app called Cronometer. Hereā€™s my macros for yesterday.

As you can see, despite coming close to my caloric target, my protein target was well missed. That was with protein shake! Iā€™d need multiple shakes a day, or even an entire chicken to hit the targetā€¦

And this target is just to lose 3/4 of a pound a week!

5 Likes

This is my trackerā€¦ past week still about 30g low for what I want in protein, dailyā€¦ but Iā€™m in spitting distance.

2 Likes

Hi stuck solid at 12 st 4 lbs, despite losing the 1000 or so calories in the 1.5 bottles of wine a day I no longer drink. Really not eating more - not drinking means I donā€™t get the munchies any more.

3 Likes

Last week; :arrow_down: 16.9lbs
This week; :arrow_down: 19.6lbs

2.7lbs down since last week weigh in.

3 Likes

Last week; :arrow_down: 19.6lbs

This week; :arrow_down: 20.9lbs

Staying consistent. Digging it as I think itā€™s a healthy amount weekly and Iā€™m in for the long haul.
This coming winter I plan to focus intently on weight training. Setting myself up to be in the best possible place I can for that next chapter.

5 Likes

On Friday morning I was 77.6kg which is creeping up the scale again. I listened to a podcast about intermittent fasting and realised Iā€™d been slacking a little. Iā€™ve still been eating my breakfast at a good time but Iā€™ve been allowing my eating window to extend to bedtime. So Iā€™ve doubled down on my IF regime. My weight this morning was 76.1kg which is much better.
Iā€™m aiming for 74kg again.

3 Likes

Im back at it starting Wednesday (after my birthday) dudes and dudettes! Still stuck at 10 stone 10 but im determined to get at least another 7lbs off!! Love to you all :heart:

4 Likes

75kg this morning. Iā€™m pleased :smile:

4 Likes

Cracked the dreaded 10 stone 10 this morning! Im now 10 stone 9ā€¦1 lb less! Yes yes yes yes!!!

5 Likes

Last week; :arrow_down: 20.9lbs (12 days ago)

This week; :arrow_down: 23.1lbs

Since sobriety.

5 Likes

Feb 10. 116.8kg
May 25. 97.6kg

4 Likes

A 10lb weight loss in 100 days sober confirmed today! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Congrats!!

2 Likes

I was listening to a podcast on intermittent fasting the other day and they were recommending to use a BMI calculator called smartbmi which takes into account your age and gender as part of the calculation. I was firmly in the good weight category with that system whereas I hover around the overweight category with the basic system.

1 Like

My trainer and even doctor said bmi is not the best indicator of health anymore. So take that for what you will. On BMI im overweight but on the inbody scan im at an ideal weight given my muscle mass.

2 Likes

Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

Yep. BMI is useless apart from in extremes at each end of the scale.

Muscle
Frame
Genetics
+More variants

I just laugh when the Dr takes mineā€¦

4 Likes