Weightloss CHECK IN : dont give up 2

200.4 lbs on Saturday

5 Likes

Trying to get back on the weight loss wagon. Itā€™s been a crazy two months with buying a house, moving, starting a new job, family coming to visit. Trying to give myself and my partner (who also needs to lose weight) some grace.

Iā€™m 155lbs and the only reason I havenā€™t gained more is because of my physically demanding job. I really just want to fit into my clothes again as I have a closet full of clothes that I like. If I lost 10-15 lbs I would be able to wear all of them.

I donā€™t know why itā€™s so hard for me to pause before making bad food choices. Itā€™s like something flips in my head and someone else takes over. I can go in with the intention to observe my hunger or make one plate or wait 5 minutes to see if a craving passes, but as soon as I start eating that all goes out the window. I donā€™t like being so out of control and letting my addiction completely take over but I donā€™t know how to stop it :disappointed:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been stuck at basically same weight for a month. Been eating in a deficit but perhaps not as much intensive exerciseā€¦ donā€™t know. Perhaps my body is equalizing itself or perhaps I need to change up diet.
I donā€™t have time right now to hit gym like Iā€™d like too. Two jobs and getting OT at fulltime job as often as I can which has me starting at 3am and up at 1:30am. Plus multiple eves doing lawn careā€¦

Hopefully something gets kick started soon as itā€™s a bit frustrating, albeit not going up, so happy with that.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve lost about 20 lbs since I stopped drinking 3 weeks ago. Iā€™m down to 201.8. Iā€™ve been hitting the gym everyday for at least an hour. I got myself into the mind set that itā€™s just part of work. Lol although I like going. Did cheat and have pizza last night. At least I was not drinking with it.

2 Likes

A pleasant surprise when I weighed myself this morning to find I was 72.9kg. Thatā€™s the lightest Iā€™ve been in years. Five years ago I was 95.7kg and had been diagnosed with a fatty liver. Now, with cutting out alcohol and doing intermittent fasting and yoga several times a week Iā€™m seeing great results. Body fat is 19% too.

8 Likes

congrats-1

1 Like

187.6 Lost 8 1/2 pounds since July 1st.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve met my first goal! I weighed this morning at 210lbs!

Since February, Iā€™ve lost 27lbs. Now, people other than family are noticing and commenting, one of the servers at our favorite cafĆ© asked, ā€œhave you lost weight? You look goodā€. Iā€™ll take it!

Next goal is 200lbs.

7 Likes

Congrats @HoofHearted that is such a big success! Im so happy for you!

1 Like

Woohoo :tada::tada:. Congratulations friend mmmthats awesome

1 Like

Congrats on reaching your goal @HoofHearted active vacations help!!

1 Like

Iā€™m down two stone since Jan but Iā€™ve put on a bit of muscle so Iā€™m not sure what the exact fat loss is. Hit a plateau for a while with muscle gain and then found out I wasnā€™t consuming enough calories for significant gains. I still want to lose fat but I want to gain muscle too so Iā€™m walking a very fine line but the progress is going well so far. Jan - July.

5 Likes

Congrats on this! Really well done!

My normal weight is about 70kg (height is 181cm), but now I weight around 100kg because of shitty diet, no running and lots of beer. But now that Iā€™ve been sober for 11 days, I have already start to notice some changes in my body. Iā€™ve been running, taking long walks in the woods and eating healthy. Iā€™m 44 yrs old, so Iā€™m not too old to get back in shape.

3 Likes

Congrats on your 11 days @MrMoustache and the movement and healthy eating. It is never too late to get into shape. Shape doesnt have age xD

2 Likes

Body recomposition is rather difficult, you need a calorie surpluss to gain muscle but you need a deficiet to lose fat, so itā€™s usually a slow, long process.

You look young, you got that going for you! Itā€™s a lot hard for us older guys to build muscle, so take advantage of your youth!

Good job, youā€™re looking good.

2 Likes

Thanks! Indeed, itā€™s never too late to get back in shape! And I know that quitting beer and eating shit in weed munchies are gonna be a huge factors for me.

1 Like

Cheers buddy. I just turned 34 so decided to get ahead of it before itā€™s too late!

4 Likes

197.6 lbs
:+1:

4 Likes

72.5kg :fire::blush::blush::blush:

2 Likes

Feb 2024 116.8kg
27/7/24 93.6kg

Down 23.2kg

3 Likes