Weightloss CHECK IN : dont give up (Part 1)

Nice!! We will reach our goal I’m confident.

2 Likes

Almost there. After some jo-joing etc. (not a lot of kg up and down, but enough to lose A LOT of lean muscle) I’m around 60kg. Which is ok. It would be ideal if I lost 2 more, but my priority now is to gain some muscle and tone my body. It was great while I was regularly going to the gym (with a personal trainer), but I had to stop, ‘cause I couldn’t organize myself and also because it was getting too expensive. And, after all, one cannot be so lazy as to always have someone to push him. I have to do it by myself.
Anyhow, my summer swimming routine starts today.

4 Likes

BMI has also gone down :clap::clap::clap:

Can’t wait to be in the 140’s

5 Likes

198.2 lbs.
I want to complain I didn’t loose anything. But I maintained. So I’ll be happy with that.
:pray:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

I was 122 to 124 at the end of last year, beginning of this year, sometimes getting down to 120 which is a low end for me. Then I gained a lot bc of an over the counter antihistamine I have to take. It makes you hungrier plus it blocks something so that you gain weight. I got up to 130 plus in a few months. Now at 128 and want to get to 124.
Then I just ate 1200 calories of pecans in two days. WTF.
I keep track of calories and I logged them.
Yuck. Sorry, but for the calories I would rather have eaten coffee ice cream or stroopwaffels… or cheese. I want a do over on that…
alas…
I ride a bike 20 miles, 90 min twice a week, hopefully, and am not lifting weights bc too much covid around now. Might try more of that at home. ( weights) Will try biking more, it is real hot and I am not out 'walking". Maybe drop the calories 200 a day but thats hard.
Thanks for listening.

5 Likes

127.75 yesterday. 127.3 today. Maybe I’ll get back to my normal
I was where I am now a day last week but then went back up again. It’s hard.

3 Likes

I was 227 a few months ago due to my medication. I usually am in the 145ish area but I had gained so much weight in my sobriety it was so hard to deal with. Now I am 193. I’m still high up there for my size but I feel better than ever having lost over 30 pounds in the last few months. I am trying to get to 165. I know I can do it it just takes time and I fluctuate a lot depending on what I am eating and all of that so it’s hard to see the scale teeter totter but over all it is going down. I like to walk a lot. I try to get up to 15,000 steps a day which is roughly around 900 calories being burned just walking and it makes me feel accomplished doing that and on other days I will do muscle building / cardio exercises. I just wanted to say I never thought I would be able to lose the weight I
Gained in recovery in a healthy way but I know
My HP helped me through it and helped me start making healthier decisions. I am so proud of myself for making it this far and I am gonna keep going until I hit my goal.

8 Likes

Checking in at 174.4. Finally broke the 177, but honestly I think it’s all water weight, still having withdrawal type symptoms if you know what I mean.:flushed: I don’t want to blame meds I’m on, but I’m going to, a couple cause weight gain. But I know my initial weight gain over 10 years was drinking gallons of vodka weekly over a decade. ODAAT. Here’s hoping when I pass the 30 day mark, I will actually see improvement. Have a great day everyone!! :hugs:

7 Likes

150 today! Have to keep going to get into my 140’s.

6 Likes

197.4 lbs.
I’ll take that!! :man_dancing:

9 Likes

129 pds

Haven’t been in 120s in ages.

In my early 20s I was about 125 pds, and after yrs of drinking and eating fast food, I moved up to almost 170 pds. Crazy.

Feels good moving back down.

Consistency and patience. We got this fam!

6 Likes

221 lbs today on myb75th day of not drinking. Down 30 pounds from my drinking weight. Ideally I would like to be around 190. Glad this thread is going. Keep at it!

7 Likes

Congrats on the 30 pound loss. It feels so good to loose that drinking weight. I was up to almost 250. I’m not going back there. Feels too good!! And I might add, it looks pretty good without the 50 pounds on me.
Great job :+1:

3 Likes
  1. I’ve hardly been in the 130s in my life.
    So I went back up instead of down.
    Maybe it’s muscle. I’m trying to keep a good attitude.
3 Likes

I good for you! Let’s keep moving in the right direction! Weight just falls off at first. I need to start running again. The first time I went running after I stopped drinking I felt so good that I signed up for the san francisco marathon (addict brain). Well the marathon is in 2 weeks now and I’m not going to force myself and risk injury. I am going to start slow and progress, and see if a marathon is something I want to do in the future… small steps.

3 Likes

Today marks 3 weeks of keto! Just realized that it’s been 3 weeks since I’ve had any pasta, bread, pastries, potatoes etc, no sweets or fruit (other than a few berries here n there), no sugary veggies, nothing sugary at all, no pop, milk, or juice. Just protein, healthy fats, 100oz of water, electrolytes, and under 25grams of carbs a day. It sounds restrictive but it’s not difficult for me to do actually, which i am surprised! I love my meat and healthy fats so this wasn’t a hard switch for me. I have not only dropped 15lbs in 3 weeks (with exercise), but I feel amazing. More energy, more focus, clearer skin, AND I still love what I can eat! I’m actually really proud of this accomplishment bcuz as some of u know I struggled with my health and my very unhealthy eating habits, including my BED. I was using food for all the wrong reasons. Today I was offered a donut at work and it was so easy to turn it away. I never wanna feel like I used to :pray: Grateful to God!

11 Likes

Thanks! I was soo intimidated by it. I wanted to try keto 4 years ago and never did. Then I had a nightmare of me having a heart attack around 3 weeks ago and leaving behind those that I love. There’s also health conditions that run in my side of the family, and I wasn’t heading down a good path. I just decided to start it and start exercising. I always binge ate on carbs and sweets. My portion sizes were always huge and I ate for no reason at all some times. By doing the same thing with carbs as I do with drugs (quit them bcuz I know i can’t moderate having a piece of cake here or there), it has curbed alot of my issues. It’s hard some days (especially if I don’t drink enough water… then I get fatigued), but overall it’s been a life saver (and I mean that somewhat literally).

4 Likes

That’s awesome Dana!!
Pretty dang happy for ya. :grinning:
I think my wife would get a divorce if I/we gave up pasta :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Great job :clap:
:pray:t2::blue_heart:

2 Likes

Thanks Eric! Haha what’s funny is that me and my hubby had a small argument about keto and how i would be wasting food. So I basically eat whatever meat we have for supper and certain veg in moderation (like corn or carrots). Then I just make enough starch for him (he likes stuffing or potatoes etc). I just have to do some planning. But initally he was thrown off by it. But he sees it working and it’s even motivated him to cut back on pop and to start exercising

3 Likes

Cool. My wife is a great big starch addict :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
But lately I’m not cooking a starch as a side. And if she wants one she can cook it. But pasta is pasta. :joy:

3 Likes