Weightloss CHECK IN : dont give up (Part 1)

Drink lots of different uncaffinated teas. They fill you up and are relatively healthy and will keep that hand to moth habit satisfied

5 Likes

Snack on carrots and cottage cheese.
Go to bed early.
Donā€™t buy shit you donā€™t wanna eat!

Good luck!

5 Likes

I use sugar free gum,herbal teas and keep a ton of veggies in my house. Betted to snack on half a pound of broccoli than even 1 slice of cheese for me and my body :rofl:

Toothpicks and straws to chew on helps me also. Keeps my mouth busy. Lol

4 Likes

182.6 lbs this week, goal 165 lbs

9 Likes

I am now 149lbs, just 2lbs off a healthy weight and BMI. No idea what my goal is. I am on such a restricted diet with my gallstone that I think this is a new lifestyle, so will hopefully just find my natural weight. Nice to see the results of all those salads and beans! :rofl:

7 Likes

Can you tell us what this keto diet involves? Iā€™d like to try it! But I donā€™t eat meat only fish so not sure it will be possible?

2 Likes

Hi! You absolutely can do Keto without eating meat or fish. Itā€™s called vegetarian keto. Keto is normally high healthy fats, moderate protein and low carb. But u can still do this even without eating meat/fish. There are many ways to get your protein in without having to eat meat. Eggs are a good source if you eat that. And then of course nuts, tofu, plain greek yogurt (altho this is in moderation as it can have higher carbs). Theres also vegetarian protein powder if you need to get ur protein up. Here is a list below to give u an idea. The high fats come from healthy fats like avocado, mct oil etc. Some people will eat alot of unhealthy fats but then ur at risk of health issues due to those unhealthy fats. Berries are really the only fruit that can be eaten in moderation (from what I know) as others fruits have so much sugar/carbs in them. And then veggies are quite good all around except for onions, sweet peppers, corn. Peas and carrots in moderation. Actually there is a app called Carb Manager. It sets ur macros up for keto (protein, fats, carbs) and basically I punch in my meals for the day and make sure everything fits. You want to meet ur protein goal but fats is a ā€œleverā€ so basically it is used to keep u full (u donā€™t have to meet it). Carbs need to be low so that ur body can stay in ketosis. Iā€™ve done some research on the amount of carbs per day to have. They say under 20grams of net carbs. I usually end up bten 18gr and 30gr of net carbs most days and I am still seeing results. I guess if I went lower it would be better. But I also donā€™t want to set myself up for failure either. Hope this helps!

3 Likes

I should add that initally u may feel like crap. For me it was a week of mild headaches and fatigue and just feeling not good. But I also came from a very high carb diet so it was a huge adjustment to my body. It does go away! You do need to get electrolytes in daily also. This comes from Pink Himalayan Salt, pickles and pickle juice is good, and those Mio sport electrolyte water enhancers. Thatā€™s what I use. And then alot of water :slight_smile: it sounds like alot but the benefits have been amazing!! Not just weight loss but also focus and energy and clearer skin. Its been wonderful!

2 Likes

Thank you! How do you work out net carbs?

1 Like

So when u look at a nutritional label it will tell u the total carbs. U take the total carbs and u subtract the fiber snd sugar alcohols. That gives u ur net carbs :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks so much Iā€™m gonna give it a go!!!

1 Like

Yay!! Iā€™m excited for u! The internet is amazing for info! They recommend drinking half ur body weight in oz also. Water is crucial so that it prevents dehydration

3 Likes

Altho, the Carb Manager app does it for u. U can even scan the labels and it will find the product for u so u donā€™t have to type everything in. The app is free altho u can purchase add ons. Iā€™ve had the free version and it works well for me.

3 Likes

Thank you so much, will let you know how I get on!

1 Like

Slightly miffed that I have only lost half a pound in two weeks :cry:. I havenā€™t been binging, but also havenā€™t been snacking or eating desserts, however have been eating regular meals, and I guess my weight is reaching an equilibrium so if I want to lose more I have to cut down on meal portions too. I suppose I did well losing 20lbs just by not binging or snacking or desserting, but gonna have to try even more now.

7 Likes

Checking in at 190 lbs. I feel a lot better in my skin, 3 more pounds and I have lost 40 pounds but I am usually in the 145ish range when I am sober but my goal weight is 165 so I am closeā€¦ I have a cognitive distortion that I will gain the weight back but I know if I keep eating healthy, moderately, and keep moving and drinking water the weight will keep coming off. My clothes are fitting better, getting kind of loose but I like it. I wear a size 14 in jeans but I am trying to be down to an 8 or smaller. But I think if I lose a few more pounds I will be down to a 12 which is an XLā€¦ not too bad when my highest weight had me at 2xl. I still have poor body image to an extent because I am ashamed of my flabs but I have a lot of endurance now and can be moving basically all day. Iā€™m nervous about having Covid and from not walking and getting my steps in that I will gain weight but it takes 3500 calories to gain one pound so as long as I am staying under that and taking it easy there should be no reason why I go up. I might fluctuate but itā€™s not actual fat gain. Anyway, I am on Noom because I used to restrict myself in sobriety but not move around and I kept gaining weight because my calories were too low and I wasnā€™t eating the right things. I incorporate all foods into my diet and treat myself once in a while to stuff that is not on my meal plan but itā€™s not ā€œbad foodā€ I am glad I donā€™t have cognitive distortions around food because of fad dieting and diet culture because it kept me in a way of eating that was not attainable for long lasting and that was mentally and physically restrictive and not showing the results I wanted. I am happy to have a good relationship w exercise and food and be more at peace.

7 Likes

I feel like giving up but Iā€™m not.

My normal weight for the last 15 years or so has been about 122 to about 125. With here in there 119 to 127 or 128. Usually when I get up to 127 or 128 it would only be for a day or two and it would be easy to get rid of it.
So I was consistently around 122, 123 For a good while before I started gaining weight last February.

( Prior to 15 years ago I was 10 to 20 pounds lighter and this is the weight that I have gained getting older)

Itā€™s climbed climbed climbed. 131 today 131 yesterday.

I think itā€™s because Iā€™m taking over-the-counter antihistamine cetrizine.

I think itā€™s making me eat a little more not that much more and then it does something that it blocks something making you gain weight.
Itā€™s an H1 antihistamine.

Iā€™m not eating that much more, I keep track of my calories and most of the times my calories Are where they are supposed to be. To stay at a normal weight thatā€™s part of the problem. I no longer am at a normal weight.

Iā€™m riding a bicycle 20 miles three times a week.
Iā€™m not walking that much because itā€™s too hot thatā€™s where Iā€™m failing.

I guess I need to reduce my calories two or 300 cal a day which is not so good.

Anyway I canā€™t stand it. Thanks for listening.

Iā€™m used to working with weights and havenā€™t been for the last month but I was gaining the weight while I was working with the weights.
Muscle weight! :yum:

Right now I need the cetrizine. I am going to try it without it but itā€™s not going to work and I will have to take it I do believe.

So what my goal needs to be is cut my calories down some.

6 Likes

@Astro Your question was that you needed help to quit eating after 7 PM. When I read that I thought the intermittent fasting would be good for you. First of all you have the willpower to not drink. Perhaps you could shift that over to not eating during a period of time beginning at 7 PM. It could be until 7 AM. Or it could be longer. The latest news that I have heard about intermittent fasting is that it does really all get down to calories in and calories out.

3 Likes

You can drink water and other no or low calorie drinks. Just not eat.

1 Like

In the case of blood pressure the most effective way food wise, of lowering it is to lower your salt/ sodium. If youā€™re in the heat, and/ or drinking lots of water you do need some salt.

3 Likes