Weightloss CHECK IN : dont give up (Part 1)

@Nowenbrace thanks for the encouragement! Day 1 is down and boy did I enjoy the 2 cups of broccoli (I ate raw) I am allowed.

3 Likes

Raw broccoli is pretty hardcore, I guess I’m in that category too, just had some raw garlic~ a little buzz :yum:

3 Likes

Congrats @kat261 on your new eating! I wish you great success with all of it! Interesting about shrinking your liver… “they” have it all figured out to work just right! Glad you like the shakes!
@Jmigo49 Good going and wow!
@Englishd congrats to you, too…!
As a group here there has been a tremendous amount of weight lost. I had a friend who lost fifty pounds. (Lots of friends) This one in particular though, another friend made him a vest with 50 pounds of weight on it ( cant remember exactly how he did it, it was homemade) and presented it to him as a congratulations and a ’ look at what you have lost’ ’ ( put this vest on and see what you are no longer carrying around)’

3 Likes

Gained half a pound, sitting at 152.8.
Pleased that I ate healthy today and no substances at all and not calorie restricting too strongly. Grateful to spend time with my sponsor at the gym weekdays :hugs:
Thankful for the words of wisdom from you all :heart:

1 Like

Doing well here, down to 266.4 pounds on Day 3 of my Optifast shake diet.

Going to go sign up at the YMCA gym for after surgery oooh I can’t wait! Feels so damn good to have healthy habits much like being clean and sober.

Wishing you all a great day of healthy eating and bit of exercise.

Kat

3 Likes

I found the psychology of noom and the coach very basic

3 Likes

I did well on Noom for a wile until I relapsed into old behaviors.

As someone with a Masters in psychology I was very underwhelmed.

I can definitely see how you would be… I think I found the daily check in and food tracking the most helpful.

1 Like

Yeah. I ended up quitting noom. I learned a LOTTLE bit overall not much. Most of it was common sense. But I did enjoy some of the more biology articles.

1 Like

I see a bit of stress/disappointment here and there from people who have gained a small amount of weight… And by small I really mean small 0.2, 0.5, 1 pound etc.
Guess what?
The normal human body will fluctuate in weight by 2.2 - 3.3lb (1 - 1.5kg) every single day.
This is why weighing yourself each day can be demoralising if you see small weight gains, or losses which convert quickly to a gain. It is not a failing!
Weight loss over time is the key, and why weighing yourself should be, at most, a weekly event - same time each time.
As difficult as it can be, try and ignore small fluctuations, focusing instead on your longer term trend.

Rock on!
:+1:

6 Likes

Weigh in day.
Still going in the right direction.

2 Likes

4.5 months sober, and clean of nicotine
151.6 lbs ,getting closer! My sponsor has helped me adopt healthy attitudes. Trying not to overeat and I go light in the morning with just a hot lemon drink: lemon juice, chopped Ginger and ground Cayenne pepper and hot water.
Strong cappuccino is my treat eary afternoon.
Congratulations to those of us making an effort with nutrition and eating habits: well done :raised_hands::clap:

2 Likes

Weigh in Monday.
Getting there and maintaining :muscle:

3 Likes

12/06/21 - 260lbs
Goal Weight - 200lbs

4 Likes

12/6/21 brand new here
Current weight 204
Goal weight 160

2 days sober from alcohol. Since the start of the pandemic I gained about 35 pounds. Trying to make healthier decisions.

4 Likes

No binging around here and alcohol and nicotine free!!! 5 pounds to go! Let’s do this! :raised_hands::hugs:

2 Likes

Weighed in Friday at 200.8

2 Likes

Well had gastric sleeve surgery last Tuesday and am now at 256 lbs 14 lbs down from my highest. Still on full fluids (protein shakes, skim milk) and averaging about 900 calories a day.

I broke down and had half a cup of coffee this morning cause struggling with the energy but so far no ill effects.

I gotta say, this certainly cuts the binge eating off at the knees…you just…can’t.

5 Likes

Weigh day late
Maintaining best I can.

2 Likes