Well day 1 again

I just want to be sober now. I haven’t been honest with my husband or my kids. I left work early on Friday and called off yesterday and today after I said I was gonna be in the office today. I just stared last Monday and sober me would have been there.Plus I dented my car which I used to refuse to drive drunk. But I’m going to bed sober tonight and tomorrow I will go to work and explain it more to my boss. ODAAT!

6 Likes

Good job that is progress…. One day builds upon another just be successful at this today. God Bless You!!!

2 Likes

Becky, you’ve been trying things your way for over a year. What are you willing to do to get sober? What are you telling yourself you won’t do? Can you recognize that you don’t know how to do this, that you need to accept direction to get and stay sober?

12 Likes

Thank you!

That’s what I’m missing, it’s direction. The cravings were bad earlier, but I just redirected to this forum. I can go 4/5 days and then I always give in. I refuse to live like that anymore. I’m going to add that to my arsenal and keep coming here for support. Thank you for your honesty!

1 Like

Talking to people in your life that love you and want the best for you honestly about what’s going on and that you’re struggling can be a huge help! They can be a part of your support system and hold you accountable. Outside support like AA/NA (even if you just start by listening to meetings in zoom), or joining an IOP program, that helped me get and stay clean. It’s difficult in the beginning but IT GETS BETTER AND EASIER!!! I’ve lost the desire to use and I’m 7 months off of alcohol, meth, and heroin. Narcotics anonymous and an iop program completely changed my life and I’m HAPPY and WHOLE again. And I feel amazing….I’m so proud of myself! Be proud of YOURSELF for opening up and speaking the truth about what’s going on, it takes the power out of it when we tell on our addiction. :heart::heart::heart: So much love to you!!!

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more! My husband and kids know. So do most people in my life. I would try to hide, but they knew. Some of the relationships have suffered because of my drinking, so I’m going to work on those. It’ll help with accountability as well. I use to go to AA, I need to dust off the Big Book!

2 Likes

This is great to hear! While the forum is awesome and played a huge role in my sobriety in the early days, it alone wasn’t enough to stop me relapsing… maybe combine the Big Book with some zoom meetings or get to some face to face?
Can I ask what the reasons were for you stopping with AA if it previously helped you?

2 Likes

I’m glad to hear your resolve! Here’s some ideas that have worked for others.

2 Likes

Thank you!

The meeting I liked is everyday at 930 am. I just started a new job, which is 1st shift. However, I think I’ll go to it this weekend!

1 Like

I was in that cycle for over 2 decades. When it dawned on me that it was all a choice…things changed. I didnt have to give in, the cravings would not kill me. Drinking certainly will.

Time to break the cycle. What more can you do? What more are you willing to do?

2 Likes

I’m going to redirect myself as @SinceIAwoke suggested. Plus I’m going to start reading my Big Book again. I’m willing to do anything, and I know I dont want to drink.

2 Likes