What are you doing to get through quarantine?

Looking for things to do while in quarantine. For my mental health I need to have more productivity and routine. Open to suggestions, hope all is well!

2 Likes

Walk. Doesn’t matter where. Just walk.

5 Likes

Good idea, I’ve taken a few of them with my girlfriend and liked them. Strayed away from them but should get back into it. Thank you.

1 Like

I’ve been cooking more and have a small garden now. It’s been over a week. How r u doing? Sorry more people didn’t post anything. :unicorn:

Hey, thanks for the reply! My girlfriend and I just started a small patio garden on our balcony, what are you planting in your garden. I’m doing well, some days are better than others. How are you?

I started doing yoga workouts. Really helps me feel like I did something. I have been reading a lot too. I found that the more I left my TV on the worse my mindset got.

3 Likes

I’ve been reading, going on bike rides, listening to online meetings. Also trying to stay busy myself :slight_smile: hope more people respond because I could use some more ideas too :wink:

3 Likes

For me its been a lot of zoom meetings, journaling, puzzles, reading, watching tv or movies

3 Likes

What kind of books have you been reading? That’s a really interesting thought because I have been watching copious amounts of tv during these times and my mindset has been pretty bad. Thanks for sharing Reddawg, best of luck to you.

What books are people reading?

Nothing about recovery actually. I mean i try and read the big book as much as i can. But i have been enjoying reading things that interest me. Right now im reading Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. Its full of great perspectives and philisophical questions. Before that i went down a rabbit hole on Viking history. Ive just been getting on amazon and keywording books and picking two or three. Been working pretty good! Hope you find the same serenity i found in reading!

2 Likes

@Reddawg7768
Welcome to TS!

I’ve got green beans, lettuce, tomatoes, and radishes in garden, so far. Tomatoes already have some flowers.
Keeping busy…talking to friends on phone, Zoom, puzzles, quilting and making face masks.
Book I’d recommend, Where’d you go, Bernadette?
It’s a movie, too, but the books are always better.
Oh, I’ve made a couple loaves of bread. Had to buy more bread flower, which I just found this week. :unicorn:

2 Likes

LEGO, lots o LEGO. Always had a lot, but never did anything with them due to addiction, but now I’ve been building with them daily for 10 weeks straight. In my eyes it never becomes boring

2 Likes

I got a sketch pad and some pencils. I have never been good at art and just looked at some tutorials online and it’s the most relaxing thing ever! Some of my pics have been hilariously bad but it feels so good when you do a good one! And the online tutorials make it easy to achieve something nice

2 Likes

Cooking . And eating lmfao . Swimming yoga zoom meetings and getting lost in youtube videos

1 Like

I love finding out what everyone is doing during the 'rona. :unicorn:

I read somewhere that pet painting is a good past time

it’s been just over a month or so now and he’s coming on leaps and bounds.

Can you please just delete my account?

1 Like

Yeah, don’t think that’s a great idea. Just be careful and cautious of any signs that you triggered a cross-addiction

I’ve been lifting weights, yoga, meditation, playing with my kiddo, learning a new guitar style, and soon should be learning ululele.