What are you most proud of your self for rn ?šŸ’™

Thank you soo much that means alot to me. I reamain humble after all the years. You have give it aways to keep it. To watch someone grow and rediscover life and become useful once more. To see the gleem in their eyes and glistening in their soul. That I see that comes from within them is the reason that I am still sober and loving life in sobriety.

2 Likes

Congratulations on your sobriety. One day at a time. Keep the faith my friend.

2 Likes

Hello Iā€™m new here. I inspired by all your post from the person with the 30 yrs to the person with just 4 days because itā€™s difficult no matter what day and itā€™s a choice everyday. Iā€™m proud of just being able to live in truth which I believe is different than honesty. Truth to me is looking at your authentic self and authentic surroundings, honesty is being truthful in a situation which is not always advisable because sometimes itā€™s more damaging than good. For example I live in truth that Iā€™m a someone who struggles with substance use and live a path of recovery everyday. However I do not tell everyone in my life I am this. Because itā€™s just not wise. Thank you for asking.

9 Likes

Welcome.
I totally agree with you. If itā€™s you ten year anniversary or ten hours Iā€™m proud of you.
I also dont tell everyone . Everyone doesnā€™t need to know everything about you. I used to struggle with that. I used to feel like if I loves you I owed you every part of me and my story. I am not longer like that . I give pieces and parts of me to certain people who earned it and who give me the same in return. I also leave somethingā€™s for my self and God I also dont want things thrown in my face so thatā€™s another reason.

3 Likes

Iā€™m proud that no matter how many times I mess up, I always manage to pick myself up and get everything back together.

6 Likes

Good morning I hope that this messages finds you well.

Made direct amends to such people wherever possible accept when to do so would injure them or others.

Meaning that others could be you as well. Brutal hosesty is not for everyone. I have found as long as I am honest with myself and God, then everything will be as it should be. Beyond that, nothing else matters.

I need not to concentrate on so much what needs to changed in the world as what needs to be changed in me and my attitudes. The way I deal with situations or problems in my life.

In essence where I am at spiritually. Which directly dictates what the outcome of the situation or problem will be. Keep the faith and always remember " To Thine ownself be true "

3 Likes

Iā€™m proud that I finally ended a toxic manipulative 1.5 year relationship and Iā€™ve begun the healing journey. Monday Iā€™ll be 90 days clean. He called me the weekend he got out of rehab, wasted and Im finally putting myself first.

8 Likes

Wow good for you for staying strong I know thatā€™s not eazy.
Congratulations on your sobriety thats amazing.

2 Likes

Yes congratulations on your 90 days . Keep the faith. One day at a time my friend

2 Likes

I am and and always will be proud and humble to allow God to lead my life.

We will always find that he is doing for us that which we cannot do for ourselves this poem is a reminder of that. Especially in trying times. Keep the faith one day at a time.

4 Likes

Iā€™m proud of myself for owning my addiction and getting help this time, as well as trying to help my mental health and way of looking at life and seeing everything as precious and beauty.

7 Likes

Proud :thinking:
I gave my all at work though im sick and wanted to be home.
I didnā€™t drink though I really wanted to.
I made a gratitude list that I didnā€™t want to.

So, Iā€™m proud I did these things in spite of what I really wanted to do.

6 Likes

I am really very proud of myself in general :heart:
When I look at my life how it was just few years ago and how itā€™s now, thereā€™s no other way than to be proud of every each step since then :pray:t2:

9 Likes

Congratulations. Keep the faith stay strong o e day at a time

4 Likes

Today I was gently and lovingly reminded of how true love is in the the fellowship. It brought back fond memories of me and wife together in this fellowship that I hold so dear to my heart.

And came from chapter 11 in the big book
" A Vision for you"

I am sharing this not only to signify the love that I possess for the fellowship, but because it is true. It has happened to me, and it can happen with you as well

But life among Alcoholics Anonymous is more than attending gatherings and visiting hospitals. Cleaning up old scrapes, helping to settle family differences, explaining the disinherited son to his irate parents, lending money and securing jobs for each other, when justified-these are everyday Occurrences. No one is too discredited or has sunk too low to be welcomed cordially-if he means business. Social distinctions, petty rivalries and jealousies-these are laughed out of countenance. Being wrecked in the same vessel, being restored and united under one God, with hearts and minds attuned to the welfare of others, the things which matter so much to some people no longer signify much to them. How could they?

There is a brighter future that lies ahead my friends. Keep the faith. One day at a time.

I am reminded of an old gospel hym " Cast down but not destroyed "

6 Likes

Proud of myself for breaking through my historical fuck-its. Itā€™s easy for me to do what I know I should when I feel well and happy. But this is my second illness in this 5 months of recovery where Iā€™m continuing to maintain my program and my life even when Iā€™m feeling unwell and unhappy. Iā€™ve put this quote to use ā€œWhen you feel tired learn to rest, not quitā€. Iā€™ve let a few unimportant things go (not going to get ALL my laundry done this weekend) and definitely leaned on roommates that were offering to lend a hand.
Adulting gets a bad rap. Iā€™m finding it brings a lot of satisfaction, self worth, and self confidence. Goooooo adulting!

6 Likes

Love this
:blue_heart:

4 Likes

This is a nice thread you started, get us thinking about something positive about ourselves when we can find so much that we arent proud of.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly what I was thinking :heartpulse::heartpulse:

4 Likes

Iā€™m proud of myself for realizing to give myself grace along the way.

5 Likes