What are you reading?

In your journey along the clean and sober path, what are you feeding your brain? Just some light reading for me, tonight. Look interesting @MandiH ?

13 Likes

Ooh, love it!!! I was researching this the other night more actually lol. You’ll have to let me know how it is!

1 Like

Audio book Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Fiction relaxes me.

3 Likes

Bought this ~2 years ago and never started it. I figure now is a good time!

I’ve also got a bad habit of beginning books, but not finishing them…have to get better about that.

7 Likes

I am reading Medicaid regulations for Health Homes and Health and Recovery Plans.

5 Likes

Wow sounds like a page turner!

3 Likes

Sounds almost as exciting as my Series 6 Securities License Test Manual…almost.

2 Likes

This plus this:

8 Likes

Feeding my brain with Ready Player One on Audible! I think audio books are relaxing.
I’m also reading The Sober Diaries… :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

The first step towards success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first find yourself.

2 Likes

I really enjoy podcasts. One of my favorites is Dan Carlin’s “Hardcore History”. His deep-dives into topics such as WWI, the rise and fall of the Persian Empire, and the Mongol Invasions are fantastic.

I still love reading, and prefer “Dead Tree” books to ebooks, although my Kindle is used quite often too. I average 3-4 books a month.

“Into the wild” from Jon Krakauer.
Seen the movie, but want to read the book too.
Great movie!

8 Likes

an even better book.

1 Like

Hope so! :blush:

1 Like

It goes way more into depth about his travels, and explores alternate theories on how he died.

1 Like

Read that in college (this is pre-movie release by 2 or 3 years), and ended up being really glad the professor assigned it. Excellent book.

Opposite to you, I haven’t seen the film! (yet)

2 Likes

Then watch the movie too! But mostley the book is always better then the movie :blush:

Listening to Dr. Sleep by Stephen King right now. So far it is awesome.

4 Likes

In about 2 weeks I can tell you wich one is best :wink:

I’m his number one fan! (Misery, from Stephen King). But really: I love his books: read them all!

2 Likes