What Are You (yes, YOU) Doing TODAY For Your RECOVERY?

Reading this. Now. (Thank you! x)

Cooking.

Listening to an audio book.

Being present.

Will go to a meeting tomorrow. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

up at 3.45 GMT,
9 hr shift starting at 5,30
Home to bed for a quick power nap
Pre work out meal
Chest tris and shoulder day
just chilling now for a while catching up on Criminal minds
No time to think about anything else!

3 Likes

I could use some kindness. I am trying to be strong. Putting my faith and trust in God. Wrapping up rehab next week in the USA and moving back to Melbourne, Aus.
I will be living alone again as I lost my house and my visitation with my children is under threat. I am scared (don’t trust myself yet) and frustrated (doing the right things but mistrusted by others).

Trying to build my sober muscles, have compassion & love & grace for myself, give over all my fears to God, embrace change and expect the best in my life.

Specifically, I am getting ready to enter a living situation where I will be living alone again and it will be awhile until my kids are allowed to spend time with me unsupervised or have overnight visits. I have a limited support scaffolding but I do have plans in place and a vision to execute.

I am trying to be brave and fearless. I am trying to be positive minded. I’m trying to be my own best friend, my own champion, my own biggest fan and my own hero.

To not flinch in the face of fear, but like David facing Goliath, these things before may appear insurmountable at every turn but I have to steel myself with blind faith that they aren’t impossible. That everything will be ok. That I will find joy and happiness and peace again. That this is all temporary.

7 Likes

The biggest of hugs to you friend. I too went to rehab and feel it was what this drunk needed to see, hear & do.
You are deserving of happiness and we will continue to be better as long as we apply the principles, let go of the control lever and not beat ourselves up about our past.
Being fearful of spending some time alone is expected. Seeking out others who have our disease and are doing the work to stay sober is the best thing we can do to protect ourselves, from…ourselves.
Let’s just worry about today, eh? No future tripping as it takes time from today.

6 Likes
  • Chairing a meeting
  • Going to another meeting, after that (outside in the gorgeousness that is Oregon Summer)
  • Not picking up
  • “Doing the next right thing for the right reason”
    :v:t2::heart::metal:t2:
8 Likes

Staying hydrated with the right stuff.
Being a good parent to my kids.
Cooking good food.
Finishing my book.
Reflecting on where I was a year ago (so drunk, it was a bad bad day) and so happy about where I am today.

6 Likes

Bless you @Smitty97

2 Likes

I’m going to my regular Thursday night meeting (I used to get loaded on the 4th of July so I can certainly go to a meeting, now).

2 Likes
  • Going to an AA meeting to celebrate an acquaintance’s 1 Year

• Going to an HA Candlelight meeting

5 Likes

One day at a time my friend. Right now you need to work on yourself before you can start rebuilding your relationship with your children. You are an inspiration to them as they watch you rebuild your life. It’s going to take time so don’t lose patience, as it will be worth it :sparkles: I am sending prayers for strength :pray: :sparkles:

9 Likes

Thank you so much. This is exactly the post I needed right now!

1 Like
  • Hung out with my mom & one of my cousins (both visiting from out of town)

• Speaker meeting

6 Likes

Tons of podcasts and e-books

Went to gym

Journalling

Prayer

6 Likes

Fostering my friendships.

Self care through yoga.

Checking in. Xo.

5 Likes
  • Meeting with my sponsor and going over step work
5 Likes

Laundry
Drinking more water
Eating less junk food
AA meeting tonight
Staying in today
Praying

7 Likes

I like coming to this thread. Recovery is an action.

Some time on my yoga mat.
A few notes in my journal.
Slow walks with the old dog girl. Not rushing. Nowhere to be but present.
I might mix things up and go to a different online Recovery Dharma mtg tonight than my usual one. Out of my comfort zone in a good way.
:orange_heart:

7 Likes

Taking care of myself by leaving work a few hours early to go to the gym. Ive been feeling burnt out and stressed out lately and need the exercise. Its my therapy.

9 Likes

I’m home crying. I’m here. I’m going to make myself a healthy meal now. And go to bed sober and clean.

12 Likes

Let it out, dear friend. :people_hugging:

Proud of you and all of us for facing our feelings and letting them move through us. For posting. For going to sleep sober. :orange_heart:

3 Likes