What books are you all reading?

In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts by Dr Gabor Mate

Power of Habit, Charles Duhigg

2 Likes

I just finished Jokes My Father Never Taught Me by Richard Pryor’s daughter. I enjoyed it a lot but lots of drugging in it. But still a great read.

Now I’m on to the autobiography of Malcom X as told by Alex Hale.

Mary Tyler Moore is on deck.

Ya every once and awhile I get into reading biographies.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Mindset, by Carol Dweck. I like the central idea - that there is a fixed and a growth mindset, and you want to be in the growth one - but I am finding it a bit repetitive; I wish there was more development and exploration of the implications.

2 Likes

I loved Power of Habit! It’s been a few years since I read it but I remember thinking there was such a power and simplicity in the idea.

Crooked River by Preston & Child. Latest book in the Pendergast series.

1 Like

Oooohh isn’t The Testament gooood.

1 Like

The Chestnut Man by Søren Sveistrup (creator of the show The Killing).

2 Likes

just judging by the title it sounds like a cool read ha

1 Like

She’s a mess…not a redemptive story…could definitely be triggering for some. I enjoy her writing style tho and she is funny.

1 Like

ah gotchya :+1:

1 Like

One that made me laugh out loud is Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson.

1 Like

“Boneshaker” by Cherie Priest

3 Likes

Yep. I read it years ago too so I’m doing another proper reread. If you love that I highly recommend Biology of Belief

1 Like

Sounds good, I’ll check it out :pray: :grinning:

something about a rabbit hole and about 3 Eckhart books.

The Elf Queen of Shannara by Terry Brooks. Fantasy or die!

I read a lot of Michael Connelly. I love his books about Detective Harry Bosch and his Lincoln Lawyer series. The Poet is a stand alone book that is awesome. Void Moon is really good too. I also read David Ballducci Memory Man series, James Patterson’s Alex Cross series and Harriet Blue series. Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan series is good too. I also read a 3 book series called Hard Magic the Grimnor chronicles. I highly recommend it if youre into sci-fi. Check with your local library. Mine has a couple days a month where you can pay $10 and fill a reusuable grocery bag with all the books you can stuff in it. Ive found its a great cheap way to find new authors.

2 Likes

Tony Dungy’s autobiography Quiet Strength was excellent. I also liked No Hero by Mark Owen. Hes a Navy SEAL. Im about to start Amy Winehouse’s biography.

1 Like

This is my big thing right now. I’m onto #2 of Bosch, what a legend!

2 Likes