What books are you all reading?

I actually got distracted by other books and haven’t gotten too far into it. I’m trying to finish Daisy Jones in the next week or two and then I have some fluff to read on my cruise…THEN I’ll get back to The Testaments.

I do hope it is good and not just some way to cash in on the popularity of the TV Show. I felt like that for Go Set a Watchmen…it was not a good “sequel” to To Kill A Mockingbird at all…it was clearly just a way for the estate to get some extra cash. :frowning:

1 Like

One of these books is not like the others :wink:

1 Like

No it’s good. Ties a lot up. I’m wondering if the material will make it the show eventually. It’s set about 15 years in the future from the show and original book.

Cool. Though, I kinda like how The Handmaids Tale ended with a big question mark. Things like that make it stick with you. I felt that way after reading The Giver. I found out later that there was a sequel that explains what happened to the boy that escaped but I kinda refuse to read it because I don’t want there to be an explaination. THough, so far with The Testaments I like that we are learning about the daughter. I am keeping an open mind about where the story leads. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Those all sound great! Especially the navy seal one. I read the Lone Survivor. My dad recommended it. I was hesitant at first cuz you know my dad recommended it. :joy:. but I couldn’t put it down. Winehouse sounds good so does Dungy. I like to read to escape and I don’t do too much history but John Adams and Truman by David McCullough we’re probably my favorite biographies and I got to learn something. He’s such a good writer.

1 Like

Been reading this one a lot lately. Real page turner.

9 Likes

One fell down and broke his head. Violent man and sad.

1 Like

Can I recommend Good Night Moon. That’s a good one.

2 Likes

Good night cow jumping over the moon. Good night kittens and good night mittens.

That line gets me every time

3 Likes

3 Likes

I loved Finding Ultra. I also like The Rich Roll Podcast.

Just about to start life of pi

2 Likes

And who could forget the bowl of mush and a little old lady whispering hush

1 Like

Beautiful story!

1 Like

Never did understand if it was real or not though???

1 Like

The beauty of the book. I know my answer.

1 Like

The bottom three are rereads. Clipped out of frame: also other books in a similar vein, but not being read at the moment.

I bet nobody can figure out what these books all have in common.

Also, can I get three cheers for public libraries?

2 Likes

Theres a show on Amazon Prime based on the books. Season 6 starts this summer

Theres a chapter in the Mark Owen book where he talks about living in your 3 foot world. Its really powerful. Ive talked about it in AA as an example of living one day at a time.

Here is what’s funny about The Giver… I bought the collection of all 4 books that loosely relate to that story, including The Giver itself, and never read any of the others. I think I too like where The Giver left off.

Its a nice looking book, though!

2 Likes