What celebrity would you like to spend your quarantine with?

Mine would be Gordon Ramsey. Mainly hoping he could cook us something edible … with what we have :+1:

Who’s yours?

10 Likes

Mine would be Patrick Swayze which isn’t even possible. I love that man and still get very sad thinking I’ll never ever meet him (maybe in heaven some day).

5 Likes

He was totally lovely :heart_eyes::kissing_heart:

1 Like

I’m going to be round yours Cate. So I get the pleasure of 2 celebrities!
Your awake early?

1 Like

LOL and YAY!! :sweat_smile::joy::kissing_heart:

Zero sleep tonight. Gave up at 3am and did some sewing. Now watching Project Runway :+1:

1 Like

I actually went to sleep at 03.30 this morning. What you sewing?
Are you a make do and mender type person?

1 Like

Yes. I haven’t made anything from scratch for years :grimacing: I just put elastic in about 20 pairs of pants (trousers) … workout stuff mainly… as I’m down 30 lbs :+1::raising_hand_woman:

3 Likes

Yay! Bonus.
You any good with zips?

1 Like

On a scale from zero (what’s a zip?) to ten (zips are easy peasy), I’m a one :sweat_smile:

Oh you have velcro and buttons. Didn’t get the hang of zips?

1 Like

Mine isn’t really a “celebrity,” but to me he is. I’d want to spend it with Terry Brooks. He’s a fantasy writer, been spitting out books since the 70s. He could teach me a thing or two and we could just create worlds and stories to live in.

5 Likes

I remember reading the Wishstone of Shannara and a couple of others back in the 80’s. I enjoyed them.

2 Likes

I can do basic stuff, like pillows and comforter covers. Easy lines only :grimacing:

That sounds like a well spent quarantine! :+1:

1 Like

Do you darn socks?
My mum used to darn socks with one of these.

2 Likes

I have done occasionally. My mum taught me, but she didn’t use that gizmo :thinking: More of a weaving technique :upside_down_face:

I always remember my mum mending something.
All my jeans ended up with patches on knees and suchlike. And hemmed, and then the hem let down to reveal darker material.
:joy::joy:

3 Likes

Scarlett Johannsen.

5 Likes

I approve this message.

2 Likes

Ahhhh, memories! :sweat_smile::joy: especially re: hem drops!

My mum made (and repaired) a lot of my clothes growing up. Even knitted dresses :flushed::cry:

Shoes were my issue. She always got me ones that were ‘good for me’ (read: Ugly!). One time, a pair wasn’t so bad (comparatively speaking), so I was determined to hold on to them for as long as possible. Kept scrunching up my toes so there was a gap when she did her periodic check. She couldn’t understand why my feet didn’t grow over an 18 month period. :joy:
Unfortunately that stunt left me with permanently curled up toes, so no pretty sandals for me. Ever. :sob::crazy_face:

2 Likes