What do you do to stay Positive?

Would really appreciate your suggestions

7 Likes

Practice gratitude.

6 Likes

I know one thing I can’t do. I can’t worry about next week, tomorrow, not even an hour for now. All I can do is right here in my moment. That helps me.

7 Likes

Meetings, talking to a funny mother fucker in your NA circle n writing a greatful list! Watch a funny movie they have a movie blog on here where people just refer good ass movies theyve watched n there is 989 comments!

3 Likes

Movies check in is what its called!

2 Likes

Daily positive affirmations. There are apps like insight timer that will send them to your phone. You can set it up to send every hour or just once a day.
I also find that when I get enough sleep and exercise endorphins I’m much more positive in general

Welcome to the community btw!!!

6 Likes

Welcome to the community!!!
I remind myself of what im grateful for
I challenge my negative thinking and choose not to focus on it
I love positive affirmations
Practice mindfullness and meditation
Use prayer
I also find exercise helps alot with me being positive also

7 Likes

Welcome to the show!

When it comes to sobriety, I stay positive by listening and learning from the good folks who have been where I have been, so that I know that I’ll be good when I am where they are now, some day.

No matter how hard it is for me, I know it’ll get better, the proof is right there with my sober coaches and mentors.

7 Likes

Welcome @Angela330 ! Glad you are here.

I visit this group everyday a couple times a day.

Like others mentioned, making a gratitude list goes a long way to set your mind in a thankful state as opposed to the other choice to gripe and moan about everything that can and will go wrong.

And I try to distance myself from negative people……

6 Likes

Welcome to the club. I stay positive by keeping in touch (in person) with AA friends & family several times a week. I attend meetings three times a week and avoid anyone who does not have my back. You can’t stay positive if someone or some thing is dragging you down.

4 Likes

Meditation

11 Likes

What I did was put all the effort I did into getting hi into my health,get a gym membership,get out and run trails or bike or just find your athletic nich.whaching your body transform and being able to train and go harder weekly should keep anyone sane and positive.good luck
You got this as long as YOU want it!
Smiley

4 Likes

For me, humour is critical in keeping positive. Watching some funny video clips on YouTube lifts my spirits when I need it. Sending funny memes along with my text messages to family and friends is also uplifting. Watching episodes of classic T.V. comedies that I grew up with (Carol Burnette, Sanford & Son, Bob Newhart, etc.) always bring back happy memories of simpler times. :blush:

4 Likes

I work out and remind myself not to push beyond what I can do.

I remember that I can be grateful and still want more.

Nature walks and tending to things that grow.

Recognizing my disappointments and shameful moments helps me remember that everything is actually ok and helps me stay positive.

Welcome to the community :blue_heart:

5 Likes

Working out
Journaling
Mindfulness
Laughing and talking to friends

4 Likes

I fn love this!!

2 Likes

I got it from my Meditation counselor. She is so sweet.

I communicate with discobot (Just Kidding )

1 Like

Gratitude every fucking day.
Right here on the gratitude thread.

The lights are always on. Bring your own coffee.
:pray:t2::heart::hugs:

3 Likes

I pray and stay in the moment. Not worrying about a hour from now just stay in the moment and control my thoughts and feelings

3 Likes