What do you eat for breakfast?

Trying to get into a healthier routine and as they say, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so what is everyone eating for breakfast?

1 Like

My son has eggs,scrambled and I have porridge, and any of my sons leftovers hahaha, considering we have morning tea about an hour later I tend to have mini meals through the day haha

1 Like

today I had 2 paracetamol, 1 multi vitamin and a snickers. :thinking:

Yeah I know… tommorow I won’t have the paracetamol.

5 Likes

Does your breakfast keep you full for until your next meal? I have an overeating issue so I’m trying to fix that with more substantial meals, thank you for the input!

Interesting, how was the snickers lol?

contained nuts and as we know nuts are part of a healthy diet. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

2-3 cups of coffee and a bowl of Life cereal.

2 Likes

@Kddoubleyou95 just depends on my fitness goals… I will count cal and track my macros… for healthier stray away from all the things have lots of sugar… and huge amounts of saturated and unsaturated fats… and fake sugar… that would be a huge start… as far as you not being full nothing wrong with having snacks. Like veggies or nuts… or cheese sausage… fruit… to sustain you till the next meal… maybe try making oats over night. For me I like food lol I just whip something up and eat it lol… eggs pancakes toast peanut butter granola steak… whatever really

1 Like

Good input! Thanks, I have been eating oatmeal with fresh fruit the past few days and I’ve been feeling a lot better but I don’t want to eat oatmeal everyday lmao. How often do you work out?

Ahhh coffee, a key component to a well fueled life!

1 Like

I can’t agree more! :coffee::100::coffee:

1 Like

RDN here…if you’re worried about overeating your prrrrobably not eating the right stuff! I always tell my clients to first be conscious of what they’re eating. Don’t grab the bag but divide out what you are going to eat on a plate so you can only have so much. What’s your favorite foods? Do you like red meat chicken fish? Lack of protein and good fats can make you hungry during the day and when that happens we unconsciously shove whatever is around us in our mouth-you just have to find the right balance :grimacing:

6 Likes

Lately I’ve been really into plain Greek yogurt, drizzle of raw honey, freshly chopped ginger, and fresh chopped cherries/ blueberries/raspberries/ mango! And coffee of course!

4 Likes

I agree. I am not going to disagree with a registered dietitian! :grin: I have been doing a version of intermittent fasting so just coffee or green tea initially. When I break my fast I have healthy proteins and often incorporate spinach or some type of fresh fruit. I find that if I stick with a pretty regular routine of “when and how much” my body acclimates and I don’t often feel hungry. I avoid sugar for the most part yet I love Whoppers and Mike & Ikes, so… I use avocados often and in so many ways. For example… if you blend a ripe avocado with a half of a banana, dark cocoa powder, a bit of honey, and enough milk to allow it to blend to a thick consistency, it is a healthy chocolate pudding treat! :wink:

3 Likes

I love all foodhonestly, I rarely eat things i don’t like. Also, very good point. I’ve been overeating my whole life but its catching up to me as I get older and become less active. I have been working on portioning and not eating late at night. The eating late at night is my kryptonite. Thank you for the input.

That sounds amazing, thank you!

1 Like

I’m a dietitian too!

2 Likes

A bowl of Life cereal and a banana on most days or a smoothie :grin:

2 Likes

A giant mug of Death Wish coffee and Silk non-dairy blueberry yogurt topped with some blueberry flax granola.

2 Likes

No breakfast here. I do that intermittent fasting thing. Been doing it for a few years now and I enjoy the pleasure of only having to deal with 2 meals a day. So just a cup of coffee and a cup of tea. Then my Metamucil late morning. Need to stay regular. TMI??

2 Likes