What Do Yous Think?..I Think We need more mental health support in recovery

People Think That Getting Clean Is Just The Case Of Getting Through The Withdrawals And Then Your Back To Yourself When That Couldnt Be More Wrong…Well Personally Speaking Anyway!! I Am About To Be 4 Years Clean And Im Still Severally Struggling With My Mental Health And Wheres The Help? The REAL help!! The Worst Thing Is The Rush Of Emotions That Come Bk When You 1st Get Clean…We Numbed Out Basic Day 2 Day Emotions That When I Got Clean I Couldnt watch The Telly Without Crying…I Took Everything 2 Heart Aswell & Also I Was Given CBT in 2021/2022 & Then Suddenly Around 7 Sessions In The Woman left The Service And No1 Else Was Trained To Doit So I Was Left With Traumatised All Over Again…I Dont Recommend CBT for That Reason…I Could Easily Have Taken My Life Many Times Since That Happened…I Get No Support Atall TBH i Speak To SDAS Nurse Every 4 Weeks For 2 Mins…However Now That Ive Been Selected To Be A Member On The ADP Health Board Pannel Theres Plenty Needs Changing…My Group Has Already Worked With The Drug Minister,SDAS,ADP ect ect And On The Back Of The Meetings We Had With Them We Managed To Change Matt Standards…Also Personally I Think Methadone Should Be Completely Stopped…Far Too Many Ppl Get Put On That Stuff And Get Left For 10,15,20+ Years Even Though Their Nurses KNOW For A Fact Theyre Still Using Ontop Of The Methadone…Its Not Right. But What Do Yous Think? X

4 Likes

I think that there is always need for more mental health services. Because of location, cost, insurance coverage and all the other many reasons that can keep people from getting it on an individual basis there is a lack of it for people who would benefit from it.
Community based sites like this, although not a mental health site, can often contribute to positive mental health because of the sharing with like-minded people going through similar, although not the same problems.

2 Likes

I think we need more mental health services across the board, not just in recovery. The problem in my area is there’s an abundance of mh providers but most don’t take insurance, and the ones that do have a long ass waiting list. Not only do MH services need to be easily accessible for those in recovery, it needs to be accessible for those that will medicate themselves leading to addiction in the long run.