What does your nickname stand for?

Ditto!! I’m glad you started this thread. I’m curious as well

4 Likes

I love horses, from their manes to their hooves. They are always in my heart. It just makes me wanna say it out loud, hoof hearted. Say it with me, hoof hearted. Doesn’t it just give you a special feeling, deep down inside? :racehorse:

20 Likes

You should change it too, HoofHearted the TS’er formerly known as Dan…… I forget the exact handle lol

3 Likes

:rofl:

It took me a few weeks to figure it out after you changed your name way back when. That happened right? Or am I losing my mind lol

2 Likes

I have dimples!! And was called that as a kid so I thought sober in front of it worked lol…. Creativity isn’t my strong suit

9 Likes

Some might think “salty” refers to mood/attitude, but it’s to symbolize the Maritimes; the ocean/sea, where my home & heart is.
I joke that I have salt water in my veins… And I even have a Salty shirt!
10edc6194bc761352a5ac2b1a2778f3b88e0401d_2_400x499

24 Likes

Fury comes from part of my former Xbox gamer tag unleash the fury

Which comes from the movie Road Trip, where Tom Green is instigating the snake to eat the rat and he’s plucking a guitar saying unleash the fury Mitch

Spoiler it doesn’t eat the mouse

17 Likes

Unleaaassh the fuurrryyyyy. I love that scene :rofl:

3 Likes

Mine represents my spirit name. Given to me thru ceremony by an Elder :slight_smile:

12 Likes

That’s so cool :butterfly:

2 Likes

I did change it. When I first joined, I used the same username i use for everything. Later on, my younger son started playing Xbox with his friends, using my account of the same name. When I googled it, TS came up, a lot. So, I figured that any of his friends or parents don’t need to know the darker details of me, so I changed name. HoofHearted was the first thing that came to mind that was totally disconnected from me, but also funny, so fits my personality.

11 Likes

I thought you were some kind of Norwegian Viking Plunderer of some sort.

6 Likes

:rofl:

That made me lol! That does sound cool but nope!

4 Likes

I read that too fast and thought it said Norwegian Viking Plumber,

I was like what, then read it Again

10 Likes

I did the Same!! :laughing:

5 Likes

You just made me Google my nickname!
First thing showing up is a hair salon in Canada… all good! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Oh wow, interesting!

2 Likes

Mine is a reminder. I’ve been sober since I had a spiritual awakening. But I’ve also been sober only since I woke up this morning, same as everyone else.

12 Likes

An apotheosis is a high point, like a becoming or awakening.

5 Likes

Yeah nothing on the internet is private, I said in a different post regarding privacy that it’s best to use a handle that doesn’t align with anything else you would use that could tie you together,

Don’t get me wrong I’m not shameful at all about being in recovery, but I also am realistic and while j may post here various bits of my life I prefer it not be tied to me.

I treat this place like AA, some people here I have close relationships with, others not so much, but I still respect the factor of they are trying to post in a safe secure place for them, without regard to who they are.

9 Likes