What does your nickname stand for?

I’m definitely going to this meeting each sunday, it was a nice experience. I’m still a bit thrown off about doing the steps, I just think i dont want to face who i was is ir step 4 i think.
But i want to remain sober and i have spoke with so many who it has worked for and they are sober for years.
I’m pretty calm with almost the herbal teas I drink so no worries I didnt feel put on the spot at all.
Glad things are good for you too.

3 Likes

I drank a lot of blueberry Kool-Aid when I was a kid. And I have used blue Kool-Aid as a name for emails and various accounts through the years. It’s been easy to remember but also has some meaning . used to especially get The blue Kool-Aid in the six packs for a dollar. Or the packets you mix with sugar… I’ve always liked sugary drinks . I guess it represents a time in my life before I started drinking and doing drugs also…

9 Likes

It’s a NOFX song about being sober but since I don’t live in California, I changed it to Colorado.

7 Likes

AyBee is an ancient word from a long extinct dialect that when translated to modern English can best be described as meaning A and B.

10 Likes

images

I am from Wales and just a bit patriot about my country. Hence @RedDragon

9 Likes

Ah! Ok! I was in Wales last October, at the Celtic Manor resort (it was for work), and they had this huge red dragon at the event center. I bought a fridge magnet, like good (work) tourists do! :rofl:

5 Likes

It’s a bad ass dragon who wouldn’t love that. Such a beast lol

2 Likes

When I was in inpatient treatment 28 years ago (have been in continuous recovery, not just clean and sober, since then), a lot of fellow patients named me “Woody” because they said I looked like Woody Harrelson.

3 Likes

Mine is pretty straightforward
I’m a girl, from Florida, who grows flowering plants for a living :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

Me, too @Lisa07. I love that corn syrup, unnatural flavor, and red dye delicacy. So does SO!

1 Like

I never thought of the 2 ducks. 22 is my favorite number because I was born on April 22. Just a cool number. Now even cooler because of what you shared. Thanks!

2 Likes

solanaceae- means nightshade (plant) so I thought it was cool, it’s also from the potato family so I figured, “spooky potato”= just like me. :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

Mine - I’ve used this as my gamer tag since gamers were able to make them for online play and I use it everywhere online. I don’t think there’s another me so if you see this name chances are, it probably IS me. I’ve been gaming since childhood when my parents would take us to the local arcade and give my sister and I a pocket of quarters each to play pinball and Galaga.

Molotov (cocktail) - they’re fiery
Moxie - Determination.

So for me, my name means fiery determination.

7 Likes

Mine is the nickname of the 16 times champion of the world, Phil “The Power” Taylor. He retired a couple of years before, but is still my hero in darts.

2 Likes

I had a cat named Sassy who rocked. :wink:

8 Likes

Spectacular Steve

3 Likes

I thought maybe it’s because your name is Saskia and you rock! :rofl:

1 Like

I just used my Tiktok name because I hate creating names. I’m a boomer, obviously, and I’ve always been told I’m a spitfire and sassy.

5 Likes

Solanine is a glycoalkaloid poison found in species of the nightshade family within the genus Solanum, such as the potato, the tomato, and the eggplant. It can occur naturally in any part of the plant, including the leaves, fruit, and tubers. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I just read what you wrote and can’t stop giggling! :pirate_flag::pirate_flag::pirate_flag:

I never thought that about you @Nordique! :rofl:

3 Likes