What has been the change you noticed most?

I can cope with absolutely anything now I’m sober, I often worry I don’t worry enough now. What a lovely problem to have :wink:

4 Likes

I noticed so many positive things but i think one of the most important is that i realised that i prefer myself clean and sober. The clean person is way stronger and happier than that shell of man Iam when I’m using.
I noticed that “life is easy” when im clean. Life is not easy as we all know but comparing my life clean and my life using, the clean life can look easy in comparison.
I already have lots of problems to deal with in life, adding drug usage on top of it is just extremely counter productive to solve all these issues.

2 Likes

For me since I recognized my problem and been working on getting clean, a big improvement has been in how I have been treating myself, and those around me. That’s the biggest difference. How I handle situations in the moment. I’m very impulsive, whether it’s self destruction or being very horrible to someone else just to make myself feel better, that has improved and keeps improving

2 Likes

Money :joy: huge difference :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Same! I was laughing the other day at something silly my husband said, and it just FELT different. Like more real somehow.

3 Likes

I am on day 173 and the biggest change I have noticed is my ability to feel is coming back. When I drank, I didn’t have feelings or emotions outside of anger. Now I cry, laugh, I’ve had a couple mood swings, still have some anger but it’s a lot different than the numbness I felt for years.

3 Likes

What changed from a minimalist practical perspective.

First I drank everyday all the time mostly since 19 to 28. 11 years.

I stopped and felt all of what is easily unrecognizable while drunk come crashing into my consciousness. I did not have the emotional self support to overcome the natural challenges of life.

This I realized was my issue. I do not know how to comfortably calculate and navigate life because I have no control over my reckless thoughts that project what does not exist into my mind and cause egotistical reactions. (future worries, past worries)

I became aware of what are the only true needs to sustain my life. Food. Shelter. Water. Of which I can only obtain by being a member of society. Something fear made me afraid of.

When I asked myself if at all present moments if I have food, shelter and water the answer was yes. I accepted this to be the only true things necessary to maintain my life and true self.

When this reality flooded my existence I realized I was safe. I was ok. I am successful. I am alive.

The rest of my life isn’t about being sober it’s about doing everything I can to continue to inhabit myself.

That I learned is very easy when you are free of all other worries that don’t matter.

1 Like

It is easier to follow through on my goals, remember why I started them, and pick them back up and finsih them if I get off track. That never happened when I was drinking or using. My goals would get forgotten for years at a time, if ever remembered at all.

Less numb…and more focus at stuff when u need to have you head on place, like more atention if u need to study something or performe certain tasks.

You start to do things that u like to do but usualy ur drunk or with hangover to do them and u just keep avoiding those stufff.

Quality time…at all ascpects

Health…heart rate improved

Wallet…also improved …(you spend it anyway,but on usefull stuff)

Friends circle…if u have a circle of friends that just call u to drink or party…after you stop drinking you will see wich ones are the real friends, because there will be people that will gradualy disapear from that circle because u dont party anymore…hapened to me.

No more drunk driving and fear to be pulled over…

And other stuff, i just pin pointed some that i noticed.

2 Likes