What I Did Today Instead - Daily Checkin

Well how cool are you! Sounds like you’ve had a really good first week! My hubby owns a heating & cooling business, and we could sure use you right now! Work is hopping :sweat_smile: also love the woodworking class. We got to choose in high school between Shop & Home ec…I was the only girl who chose shop, lol :muscle:t3::+1:t3: Great name too btw @pheonix_rising! Years ago we began offering a scholarship to a Senior at our local high school. Most scholarships are academic based…we didn’t want ours to be. We wanted to know who had faced a period of tough adversity & overcame it. The participants had to hand write a brief essay describing this event, who helped them & how it changed them. We call it the Phoenix Scholarship.

Nice to ‘meet’ you. Welcome home . Back to your original question: I worked today, made ribs for dinner & now I’m cheering on my Cubbies.

I worked out. Major sweat sesh. Still havent showered though… So. I’ll be doin that too.

That is so great!!! I also got a ton of sun this weekend…:sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face: I am not quite at the place of not thinking about alcohol at all. Looking forward to that.

1 Like

Woot woot!!! These small victories are definitely worth celebrating. I went to 7/11 yesterday (one of my usual spots), and managed to get outta there with just a Red Bull. Alcohol is still very much on my mind since I am only on day 8, but I did not allow myself to even look at the alcohol section. I am calling that a win.

Keep going strong. You are doing great!!

That is great!! Getting that natural seratonin rush :smile:. I am trying to get back into fitness. Starting off slow. I just joined a step bet today…so I will be a stepping it out for the next 6 weeks. What kind of workouts are you into?

Well thank you for all the kind words!

It is getting pretty hot around here. In the past air conditioning wasn’t needed in Oregon, but the times are changing. I try to be pretty handy…not sure that my air conditioning instalation skills/knowledge is all that extensive, but I got the job done😁.

I am totally digging my woodworking class. I wish it would have been an option at my highschool. I am learing a ton, and am soon going to start building up my own workshop. Looking to gradually switch careers. Kind of tired of the whole accounting thing, and I love working with my hands.

Thanks for the compliment. The Pheonix is such a wonderful symbol. My goal is to get a tattoo once I am sober for 6 months. Even after only a week of sobriety I feel like I have risin from the ashes, and am enjoying a new life. That is so cool that you guys started a scholorship fund. Some kids just need a chance, and grit can take you pretty far if given an opportunity.

Mmmm ribs…I may have to pull some outta the freezer and throw those on the grill tonight.

Hopefully the Cubs have better luck today against the Giants.

Have a great day!!

1 Like

Love the 6mos Phoenix tattoo. Every 6mos or every year you can add a few more ashes or clouds or wing colors… Unique way to track progress & something cool to look forward to :+1:t3:

Went to have a manicure with a friend then went to paint pottery with my son! Plan on walking for an hour as soon as it cools down some the heat index was 102 today and the humidity is miserable outside but when the sun goes down so will the heat lol!

:yellow_heart:Worked out for an hour! including laps in the pool (which omg really challenges you almost more then doing HITT.!!) So also made new goal. Take adult swim lessons at my gym. :clap::pray::smiley:
:blue_heart:Did my hair and makeup.
:purple_heart:Went grocery shopping with lots of good food plans.(passed that alcohol section like it was nothing!:muscle::clap:)
:sparkling_heart:Get some yummies in my daughter’s tummys, give her a nice bath then put her little butt in her crib. :joy:
:green_heart:About to make some New York Steaks with bomb blue cheese salads.
:ribbon:Going to end the night with fresh pressed juice, warm bubble bath, find the nicest cozeist jammies do a facial, pedicure/manicure, whiten these yellow teeth (from chain smoking while wasted)… :persevere::persevere: take some melatonin, hop in bed and thank myself for bieng good to me yet again. I’ll be one whole week sober at midnight yay!

2 Likes

Moring​:zzz::alarm_clock::coffee::bath::dress::handbag::high_heel::lipstick: I spent a lot of time picking out the perfect outfit and getting my makeup perfect.

Work :computer::card_index_dividers::calendar::books::brain::exploding_head: after a week off to recover from withdrawals and anxiety/panic attacks, and an underlying heart condition I was ready to throw myself back into work.

Evening :couple_with_heart_woman_man::bikini::swimming_woman::plate_with_cutlery::tv::woman_in_lotus_position:t3::sleeping_bed::zzz: kisses with the husband, swimming, dinner, TV show, yoga, bedtime.

Day 8 sober!:grin:

Worked from home today.

Took the dog out for a nice long walk.

I had a plumber at the house most of the day because our sewer line is leaking. Somehow I took the terrible news that I am going to have to drop $23,000 :astonished: to replace the line surprisingly well.

Went to therapy.

Watched the last episode of Wild Wild Country.

Made homemade spaghetti and meatballs for dinner.

Heading to bed with some reads my therapist gave me from his bookshelf on addiction, and dealing with emotions.

I love that idea!

It sounds like you’ve had a rough week. Way to stick it through!! Sounds like you had a pretty good day today…I hope they continue to get better and better.

1 Like

Good ol work!

Day 9 today :grin:.

Quiet day at the office today. Brought the dogger in with me to keep me company. Took him for a walk during my lunch break.

Went to Home Depot so that I could buy something to temporarily patch the hole in my sewer line.

Came home and patched the inside of the sewer pipe - yuck!! :nauseated_face: …but now we do not have sewage leaking into our basement.

Scrubbed my hands for like 20min and wiped them down with rubbing alcohol.

Made Tacos for dinner

Caught up on Last Week Tonight with John Oliver

Writing about another sucessful day!!

1 Like

That is great that you had such a nice day. I know how driving with a newbie can be…good job staying cool :sunglasses:.

1 Like

What a great thread!

Well it’s 9am on Saturday here. Running a bath then some relaxing time ahead. Maybe watch some TV, go for a walk, enjoy the sunshine, eat nice food and draw. AA meeting tomorrow night to round off the weekend.

Have an awesome sober day people!

Gorgeous dog, just finished Wild Wild Country too, and already 3/4 thru How to make a Murderer.

2 Likes

Early morning fishing

4 Likes

Wow! This is a year away for me and I’m already anxious about it lol!

Keep on keeping on@

1 Like