What I Did Today Instead - Daily Checkin

Took my oldest son to tennis while my husband took the youngest to taekwondo. Then we had a family movie marathon.

Sounds like a good day. What movies did ya watch?

Thank you! He is the best! I am going to have to check out H.T.M.A.M

Day 12

Got a massage
Went out for coffee
Went bra shopping
Ate yummy Indian food
Took a nap
Went to a friends for a paint party (my friend is so supportive she did not serve any alcohol even though I told her it is totally cool).

Pic of one of my paintings from tonight

Super funā€¦and we were all sober

2 Likes

Moana with the little kids, then both kingsman movies with the older ones.

Bought a mattress for my 2 yr old, bought some flower pots and potting soil for my plants my aunt gave me, and went for a 2 mile run in this god awful heat and humidity :roll_eyes: Felt good though!

2 Likes

Morning meeting, discussion topic was about gratitude, which I really needed to hear. Watched the World Cup final with a friend. Went to the beach with my dog and watched him frollock with other dogs, while listening to baseball (go Indians!). Now waiting for some dinner to be delivered. Then gonna celebrate the 30th anniversary of Big with a viewing over dinner. Life can be good.

1 Like

Today, I cleaned my house, assisted my son with the assignments that we give him over summer vacation (keeping the learning going). Took the kids swimming for an hour and now looking for areas in the house to clean and organize. Also really trying to get a yard sell going!!! Trying to stay busy basicly untill fall semester.

2 Likes

Sounds like you had a productive day. Yeah my darn cat has been waking me up early lately too. She obviously doesnā€™t understand the importance of sleeping in on the weekend.

13 days today

I started the day with a phone call with my mom who I have not talked to in 13 years. It was pretty heavy.

Got my wife donuts because she was having a crummy day, and sugar is the way to her heart.

My wife and I went to a couple open houses since we are looking to move a little bit out of the city.

Went to Home Depot and bought paint for the kitchen cabinets.

Took the dog to the river to play since it was 100 degrees today and we donā€™t have air conditioning.

Got a Papa Murphyā€™s pizza for dinner

Watched - My Life as a House
Ate homemade popsicles

Read a chapter of The Pillars of the Earth

Good night :sleeping::waxing_crescent_moon:

2 Likes

Yesterday was my two week mark!!

Even with all the drama that I have been dealing with I am feel stronger than ever.
I talked to my mom for the first time in 13 years on Sunday. She is living in a homeless shelter in Arkansas, and was recently arrested for shoplifting. Her husband was arrested a few weeks before for breaking into someoneā€™s garage to steal some gas. The news report says that he had a knife and attacked the homeowner when the owner came into the garage. The man shot my moms husband in the face with a shotgun when he thought that my momā€™s husband was running toward their front door. He has recovered and is awaiting trial for a bunch of stuff, including being a felon in posession of a defaced weapon.

My mom was a pretty shitty mom, but at some level I canā€™t help but want a relationship with her. Also, I am too soft hearted to let her live on the street despite our past. BUT, I gotta say I am apprehensive about bringing drama into my life. Other than my addiction issues (which I am dealing with) I lead a very low drama, normal life.

ANYWAY-glad I have a therapy appointment today. My therapist is going to trip over this storyā€¦however maybe he will not be surprised with all the other doozies I have dropped about my crazy ass family.

So glad I am heading out for vacation tonight. It will be nice to be a little distracted from all this for a bit. Going to visit my son who has an intership doing environmental lobbying on the hill in D.C. Also squeezing in a few days at Rehoboth Beach, just my wife and I. :sunrise::sun_with_face::parasol_on_ground:

First sober vaca!!

Hope everyone is having a great week!!! :grinning:

Day 20

It has been few days since checking in, but I am having a great vacation.

Spent three days at Rehoboth beach soaking up some vitamin D. Also, been eating a lot of good food, and walking a ton.

I have been in D.C the past couple days visiting my step son. It has been really nice catching up with him.

First sober vacation, and I had a really nice time. No regrets!!

Heading back to PDX tomorrow.

1 Like

Day 25 - Today I dropped my wife off at work and then went into the office to advocate for a promotion. It looks promising! :crossed_fingers:

Since I have been sober I have been getting shit done. Securing a raise and title change has been on my list.

Went out for breakfast with my work buddies

Took Tug to the river during lunch since it is so darn hot out.

Got Thai take out

Finished reading Pillars of the Earth

Watched Burlesque staring Cher

Hope everyone had a happy Friday.

4 Likes

Love your updates, progress & attitude! Excited for you & glad youā€™re embracing sobriety so beautifully :hugs:

22 miles into a 103 mile bike ride.

3 Likes

I went to my first concert sober last night!
Saw Cheap Trick, Def Leppard, and Journey! Was amazing actually being able to focus on the music instead of filling up an empty beer glass the whole show.
29 days sober by this evening, hereā€™s to progress one day at a time!

2 Likes

Made it

3 Likes

Omg, @pheonix_rising, I love everything about this thread! Way to get back in to all the things you love. Iā€™m just where you were when you kicked this thread off. I started out my second day and first weekend getting back to a trail I love:

Manā€¦ it kicked my butt a lot more than it used to. Was a beautiful day, though.

Ha! Iā€™m a Bay Area transplant, and thereā€™s no conflict here. Here cheering on my Cubbies with @BondJaneBond , hoping they get that last win tomorrow (%@$# Cardinalsā€¦).

2 Likes

(%@$# Cardinalsā€¦)

A Cubbies fan!! Big huge Wrigley hugs to you :hugs: & YES (from your lips to Godā€™s ears) that we Fly the W tomorrow and every %@$# Cardinals player sees it :joy: I like your style :+1:t3:

Welcome & Congratulations on making the BEST decision of your life! It is possible. Youā€™ll find wonderful suggestions, sobriety, friendship, laughs, shoulders & ears hereā€¦the baseball teams Iā€™ve heard mentioned may be questionable though, just an fyi :joy: But itā€™s a safe space to be you & work on changing youā€¦thatā€™s what weā€™re all hoping to do daily :hugs:

2 Likes

Thank you! It has been helpful to write things down, and to get support from this online community.

1 Like