What it was like then and what it's like for us now. For those with a year of sobriety

I am so glad you were able to get sober and also escape your abusive marriage. Please remain vigilant when it comes to your ex and stay safe. :heart:

2 Likes

That is so kind of you to say. It is a pleasure sharing this journey with you! New England represents!!

1 Like

Thanks @RedDragon I’ve got my cup of tea ready, and will now dig into the 332 posts within the Dragons Lair :+1:

1 Like

Well @RedDragon One mug of tea wasn’t enough! I had to make a pot of tea :grimacing: I’m up to post 189 and on my 3rd mug of tea. Some of the posts are looong :+1:

Even saw a post from a 6-day sober @anon12657779 :flushed:

Here’s Josie keeping warm next to the teapot :point_down::kissing_heart:

Edit: That was an incredible read Michelle. Thank you for sharing. Keep being the warrior you are :kissing_heart:

6 Likes

Cate, good you have taken some of the British traditions with you.
That post was on my first day here. I joined on the 6th November. Quite possibly my first post.
What was it.

4 Likes

It was this one :point_down:

Nov '18

Wow. Thank you for sharing that.
I’m 6 days sober and over the last 2 days have been able to talk to my wife openly about where I am.(she knew I drank a lot but I don’t think she realised quite how much)
I’ve also told my Dad.
After each time I have felt better. It’s true what they say I think, getting it out there helps.
Good luck and hope we can all do this and think of the future .

5 Likes

Funny how when I read it now I can remember writing it.
Thanks for that Cate.:heart_eyes:

3 Likes

When do you hit your year Geoff?

I guess I get 30 days to work on my story…335 days today!!

9 Likes

Ahhhhhh!!! NOW I understand what @anon12657779 meant when he said he had ‘a week to think about it’. Doh!! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

All communication now goes through my solicitor and I’m currently doing a domestic abuse recovery program it all helps towards my sobriety :hugs:

7 Likes

:joy::joy: Plenty to read

2 Likes

So glad to hear. :heart:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this . I found it very moving and very inspiring x

2 Likes

You are welcome. Glad it resonated with you.

1 Like

Thanks for the tag Ariel, I did not expect my story to take me days to write but I’ve never thought about it from the beginning until now all at once, just bits and pieces. When I’m done, I’ll do a cliffnotes version-it’s currently 4 pages typed and I’m still not done lol. My life has always revolved around addictions so it’s a full life story. Really cool to start piecing it all together now!

These are some pretty amazing shares, great topic @Forged!

6 Likes

I imagine writing all of this must be very cathartic. I hope one day I can be in a position to write my own :blush:

3 Likes

I considered a life story, but at my age no one has time to read the whole thing and my recall of the 1960s and 70s is sketchy! As it is, mine is a short novella.

I kept going, oh right, I forgot about this or that. So much to review and ponder. Thinking about different aspects of my life is always enlightening and healing.

Relish your process Mandi. :heart:

6 Likes

Hey @SassyRocks I’d read it :+1: It would need it’s own thread, broken down into categories or timeframes. I suspect that it would be very time-consuming to write, and I’d need more than one pot of tea! :thinking:

PS I thought your novella was an incredibly inspiring read :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

It would definitely be more of a novella. However, I have found that I prefer to leave a lot of that old stuff in the past. I have done my work with it, made my peace with my decisions and laid them to rest.

2 Likes