What it was like then and what it's like for us now. For those with a year of sobriety

You ALWAYS inspire and have a way with words. Thank you for your knowledge and wisdom. @Robin making you a MOD was a great gift for this forum! Keep on Sassy.

2 Likes

@aircircle You are beautiful Ariel :heart:

1 Like

@C-sun I assume she will get to when she gets to. Pretty inspirational person and Mom. I story that should be heard.

8 Likes

Thank you, I have a thread which follows me from the beginning of getting sober called the Dragons Lair.

3 Likes

Beautiful story of redemption and finding one’s self. Thanks so much for sharing it. :heart:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing and creating this topic. :heart:

I am so glad you were able to get sober and also escape your abusive marriage. Please remain vigilant when it comes to your ex and stay safe. :heart:

2 Likes

That is so kind of you to say. It is a pleasure sharing this journey with you! New England represents!!

1 Like

Thanks @RedDragon I’ve got my cup of tea ready, and will now dig into the 332 posts within the Dragons Lair :+1:

1 Like

Well @RedDragon One mug of tea wasn’t enough! I had to make a pot of tea :grimacing: I’m up to post 189 and on my 3rd mug of tea. Some of the posts are looong :+1:

Even saw a post from a 6-day sober @anon12657779 :flushed:

Here’s Josie keeping warm next to the teapot :point_down::kissing_heart:

Edit: That was an incredible read Michelle. Thank you for sharing. Keep being the warrior you are :kissing_heart:

6 Likes

Cate, good you have taken some of the British traditions with you.
That post was on my first day here. I joined on the 6th November. Quite possibly my first post.
What was it.

4 Likes

It was this one :point_down:

Nov '18

Wow. Thank you for sharing that.
I’m 6 days sober and over the last 2 days have been able to talk to my wife openly about where I am.(she knew I drank a lot but I don’t think she realised quite how much)
I’ve also told my Dad.
After each time I have felt better. It’s true what they say I think, getting it out there helps.
Good luck and hope we can all do this and think of the future .

5 Likes

Funny how when I read it now I can remember writing it.
Thanks for that Cate.:heart_eyes:

3 Likes

When do you hit your year Geoff?

I guess I get 30 days to work on my story…335 days today!!

9 Likes

Ahhhhhh!!! NOW I understand what @anon12657779 meant when he said he had ‘a week to think about it’. Doh!! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

All communication now goes through my solicitor and I’m currently doing a domestic abuse recovery program it all helps towards my sobriety :hugs:

7 Likes

:joy::joy: Plenty to read

2 Likes

So glad to hear. :heart:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this . I found it very moving and very inspiring x

2 Likes