What kind of thing/activity You reward Yourself for achieving milestones, etc.?

Hi my dear people :blush::hugs:

What kind of thing/activity do You reward Yourself for achieving milestones, etc.?

Please send me as many ideas as You have/use.
I’m looking for ideas on this.
Thank You in the advance :pray:

3 Likes

My addiction is not food, so I usually reward myself with a special food item. A slice of cheesecake, lunch out.

4 Likes

I bought a $15 Google play gift card two months ago. I still haven’t used it. Apparently sobriety rewards itself.

8 Likes

I try to reward myself daily lol, small rewards that is (some chocolate, yoga, etc), but I have a big milestone coming up (day 357 for me) and I am contemplating a tattoo. Never had one…

9 Likes

Special food as for example fruits, etc.?

You either are too busy or just didn’t care about the reward :thinking:

Small rewards are nice, unless a person is prone to binge eating, etc.
This feels like turning into addiction :no_mouth:
Tattoo as a reward. Now that’s something serious, since it’s kind of permanent thing :innocent:

I do little rewards every now and then…a massage, a spa treatment, a new outfit or shoes etc. I figure with the money saved I should be able to do these things without any guilt.

For my one year anniversary I got myself a tattoo!!

8 Likes

I’ve booked myself in for a head shoulder and back hour long massage for reaching 90 days.xx price £30 with Thai massage

5 Likes

What kinda tattoo did you get.xx

Special food as in a donut, lol. I eat low fat but if I’m out for a reward, it’s a cheat day. Isually on the weekend.

3 Likes

I’ve redirected saved money into other more constructive things.
Not really a conscious reward as such, just the byproduct (or buy product if you like) of having loads of spare cash I otherwise wouldn’t have.

3 Likes

Since becoming sober I’ve developed an obsession for makeup so around my 90 day mark I went to Ulta and dropped about $70! I just love being able to create a new fun look everyday and show it off. It’s like art for me. I also might book a spa day(maybe at 6 months) for a massage, facial, and pedicure. Self care is so important to me now.

7 Likes

I gave myself a back tattoo when I was 1 year sober :star_struck: Loving it!!

5 Likes

Awesome :slightly_smiling_face:
Self care is so much better than self destruction, which comes from addiction being in affect.
Well done :raised_hands::fist::ok_hand:

5 Likes

15 Likes

My reward to me for an early two year sobriety from a harmful drug that I was using (upgraded at Christmas)… Fitbit Versa 2 to track my health… :bar_chart: But I also pay my taxes with my tax refund when I’m able to get one… Fireworks every day in my :earth_americas: (like the 4th of July)… :blush::watch::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks: Wouldn’t be in last year’s jeans without it… :100::joy:

5 Likes

Love it! I really want a lotus flower tattoo on my wrist over sh scars. But if u get a tattoo u can’t use hot springs or swimming pools because of the tattoo-yakuza connection. I am a middle-aged white lady, not really yakuza material.

2 Likes

Earrings and books have been my go-to so far.

2 Likes

Oh i take it that you live in Japan? I watched a television programme recently that discussed the whole tattoos in Japan thing. I will visit Japan one day of that I am sure. :slight_smile::slight_smile:

1 Like