What’s your favorite sober quote?

I’ve heard that one too. Good stuff. I heard another one that went something like…

“Make a list of everything good in your life. Job, kids, wife, house, car, happiness ext. well if you don’t stay sober this list title WILL change to All the Good Things I have Lost”

4 Likes

Love that and so true.

“If you do what you have always did, you will get what you have always got”.

4 Likes

This is off of “wanted” “I’m taking back control of my life, what the f@$& have you done lately” because that’s what sobriety is is taking back control. Have a good day to anyone reading this. I have went a year and a half and right now I’m only at a month and a half and it feels great. Couple grand in the bank no hangovers and relationships doing better. Biggest thing always was using what money you had to get drinks or what not or not having a job because messed it up from prioritizing drinks over being reliable

3 Likes

That’s mine!

haha!! havent heard that one in a while… my key workers favorite!!

1 Like

Yas :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery and today is a gift, that’s why we call it the present. (May not be a “sober quote” but I’ve always liked it.)

I stopped growing when I started drinking.

6 Likes

:muscle:t2:

10 Likes

Failure is an event not a person

3 Likes

My all-time favorite is
One day at a time.

2 Likes

A smart man learns from his mistakes. A wise man learns from another’s mistakes.

-not mine, it came from the rooms.

2 Likes

Love this !!

1 Like

Trust God clean house help others

4 Likes

Hanging on to a resentment is like taking poison and hoping the other guy dies.

5 Likes

Keep it simple :slight_smile:

2 Likes

5 Likes

This has been one of my favorite quotes since I first saw it a long time ago!

1 Like

Mine is: “Tiptoe if you MUST, but TAKE that next step!!” And of course, ALWAYS do the next RIGHT thing!!! These have helped me through some rough times!!

1 Like

Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same!

2 Likes