What video games have you enjoyed playing recently (since 2020 i guess)?

Most recently the video games I have played and enjoyed are: Undertale, Outerwilds, Mario 3D All Stars, New Pokémon Snap, Halo Infinite, Control, Among Us etc. Those are some I have enjoyed playing during the pandemic off the top of my head. Definitely forgetting some, but whatever. MOST recently I started playing Elden Ring, but haven’t yet put that much time into it, been too lazy to play video games if that makes sense lol, plus its a hard game and i feel like i need to have the energy for it, but I was really enjoying it, just got to set some time aside to keep playing. How about everyone else, Any games you’ve enjoyed during the pandemic? Edit: remembered a few games I enjoyed recently: Hades, Pokémon Sword, Cities Skylines… still probably forgetting a few, but I’ll leave it at that.

2 Likes

During the pandemic, in my case, means during the separation with my wife. So yes, I’ve played a lot as it was the only thing that would kept my mind fully occupied :grimacing:
I play mostly open worlds, my favorites lately are/were Red Dead Redemption 2, Last of Us 2, Days Gone and Control (all on PS4). Far cry 4 and 5 too, it’s a bit stupid I know, still it’s fun to play :joy:
And with my daughters, Mario party and kart on switch, and Little big planet 4 on PS4 (played this one a lot with my daughters, my friends, and all by myself)

1 Like

I miss playing party games like that with friends (Little Big Planet and Mario Party etc.) Need to reconnect with old gamer friends and make new ones. My best friend doesn’t even live in the same city anymore :frowning: but I still have fun. Open world games are great for exploration, loving Elden Ring for that reason.

2 Likes

Yeah Elden Ring looks so good! I will try it.

I got only one friend who loves videogame but not the same kind of games, so I can’t play with him online, only at home on mario and all. I’m a bit jealous when I cross a cowboy gang on RDR2 made of real life friends. That must be so cool !

2 Likes

Ff7 remake Elden ring :skull_and_crossbones:Cod gran 7 aliens fireteam dark souls 3 finally finshed it :sob: forza 5 so many games so little time haha :joy:

2 Likes

Nice, haven’t played most of those actually, but ya, there are thousands of games that release every year 0.0

Played the Final Fantasy 7 remake last year. I was a fan of the original since it’s initial release. They did a pretty good job on game play, fleshing out and tweaking the story so that they could fit such a small part of the original into a stand alone game. I’m hoping for the rest of the game to be remade as well, though I’m not sure if they made enough on this one to make it worth their while to take on that kind of a project.

I don’t have the time to play as much as I used to, but sometimes I hit up something quick and easy to play like Rocket League or Terraria when I can’t commit a lot of time. I loved the first Last of Us (I generally like Naughty Dog’s games), and was looking forward to the second one, but after going through some of the reviews, I’m not sure I’ll pick it up.

2 Likes

I’d quit playing most games when I was in my heaviest drinking but in the past year I’ve gotten back into them and I’ve bought a Switch and a laptop. I’m currently playing Animal Crossing (has always been my favorite), Skyrim and Dark Souls for the first time, Minecraft and Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart occasionally. I really want to get Microsoft Flight Sim soon, hopefully my laptop can run it. With my next check (new job yay) I’m probably going to buy an xbox controller to use with my laptop and emulate some of my old favorite games. I’ve tried the switch controller with the laptop but there’s a split second of input lag that screws me up.

2 Likes

I bought a switch too back in Feb. Been playing Mario Cart, golf and a new sports one with bowling. I’ve heard of animal crossing, I need to check that out.

1 Like

Ok man, i will probably surrender myself to the Elden Ring wave :grin:

2 Likes

Oh yeah I’ve got Mario Golf, bought it digital and deleted it to make room for the Animal Crossing update that came out late last year, so I need to redownload it but my internet sucks (use my phone as a hotspot and verizon throttles me whenever I try to download large files even when I do pay for unlimited). I’ve always liked the Mario golf games, they’re pretty chill. Animal Crossing is really good, there are things the new one for the switch does better AND worse than the older games. The first game had a ton of unique dialogue. The villagers could be really rude and insulting but they babied it down a little in the later games. But the customization in this one is amazing. And I see arguments about that a lot in game forums but as someone who’s played them all extensively I love this new one and play it every day. In fact I was playing it when I typed out my reply this morning.

I also got into Stardew Valley last year but haven’t played it in a while. I bought a gaming laptop a few months ago so I could try a lot of the games I’ve heard a lot about, problem is, no money lol. But I’ll try out some of them eventually. I’ve been wanting to play Red Dead Redemption because I’ve heard so much about it, and some of the other dark souls games (played the first one on my switch, really liked it but got stuck and haven’t played it in a while)… Anyway, enough rambling. But Animal Crossing is good. And Zelda if you like adventure games.

2 Likes

Tunic. Y’all gamers need to play this.

If Legend of Zelda and Dark Souls had a baby and only the best parts came out, it’s this yet something completely and uniquely its own. Don’t be fooled by the cute graphics. It’ll test your wit and reflexes!

Don’t game often myself but grabbed it when I saw someone playing it and ripped through it in about a week.

4 Likes

Oh, and I guess I lied. I did get a Quest 2 last Thanksgiving to add Beat Saber to my exercise rotation. I’d been dying to try it for years and didn’t disappoint. Super fun, and gets my ass moving! Technically a game tho.

It did get me to finding a couple other VR games. Moss was neat!

1 Like

I’ll have to check it out. Sounds like just my thing.

2 Likes

Mairo bro on nes

1 Like

Sorry i took so long to reply to these, i dont go on here much and just kinda forgot about it lol

@Chiron Never played any of the final Fantacy games, but ive heard they are good, played a bit of Rocket League and enjoyed and really liked Terraria back in the day, and also loved The Last Of Us, great story game, and i also never picked up the 2nd due to bad reputation

@anon64511207 Never got into Animal Crossing or Dark Souls, but played and enjoyed all the rest especially Minecraft which i was obsessed with back in the day, actually thought about re playing it again since all the new updates since i last played. i actually also bought a laptop to emulate old games lol, been trying to speedrun Mario 64 actually lol

@Apollo_666 i still havnt really played much of Elden Ring, was enjoying it when i was playing, but it always gives me stress thinking about playing it, cuzz i know there are probably so many stupid hard parts in it and that stresses me out lol

@maxwell Nice, Switch is a good system, games ive enjoyed on it include: Mario Kart, Undertale, Hades, Mario Odyssey, Mario Maker 2, New Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Sword, and a little Super Smash, and also some games i played but in other platforms, like Dont Starve, im sure there are a couple im forgetting, but ya, good games

@Pat_m if you dare! Lol

@Eke Never heard of either of those games, but im sure they are good

@bubba052916 Nice, NES was before my time unfortunately

1 Like

For me lately it has been Immortals: Fennyx Rising and Warframe

1 Like

Sea of theives, MK11, wreckfest,cod warzone, generation zero, ufc 3, prominence poker

2 Likes

Games sitting on my PC, waiting months now for me to actually play: Witcher 3 (steam sale! never played) and Death’s Door (friend recommended, Zelda-like).

I mentioned Moss above. Moss 2 just came out, so that’ll be added to the pile.

1 Like

Just got a PS5 and will be trying Elden Ring once I get off work. Wish me luck >.>

2 Likes