What you giving up for lent?

I have always battled with salt growing up. I would pour it on pizza, chips, popcorn you name it I would put salt on it. So this lent I am giving up salt for 40 days. What about you guys?

9 Likes

Although I grew up in a Catholic household, I’m not religious, and I haven’t even acknowledged lent in years. Even in the years where I did give something up, I doubt I made it the full 40.

That said – I think it’s a good exercise in discipline, if anything. You’ve inspired me, I’m going to give it a shot.

Hard to think of something to give up, though. Maybe swearing? That would be challenging.

4 Likes

Fuck that dude…

14 Likes

Ha was trying to think of something challenging and that I would actually miss. Fuck! (It ain’t lent yet)

Alcohol! In fact it’s day one, Yes, I was here last year and I had almost six lovely, sober months before my wheels fell off. I hope I go better this time. Have a good day everyone.

11 Likes

Haha. It is a good one to do. I honestly don’t think I could make it a day if I tried. Totally serious. Good luck. I want to know how it goes for you.

1 Like

Aw man, I know its going to be tough to even get 1 day. But I will try!

1 Like

Welcome back

2 Likes

I think I would say I’m giving up alcohol.

Though, in reality, I decided not to give up anything this year. I don’t want to put myself under too much stress. I am focusing on my sobriety.

5 Likes

Good luck to all of you, I agree with @TMAC it is good to challenge our discipline so I think I’ll lay off the Diet Pepsi but being from NY colorful language is instinctual so you can keep that other shit…:grin:… Happy Lenting.

2 Likes

I thought that this morning in traffic and someone cut me off and I was like well F that thought. I didn’t even make it 30 seconds

2 Likes

I’ll tell ya what I’m not giving up: Hope.

(boom. mic drop.)

14 Likes

Well at least untie her and let her out of the basement to get a little fresh air every once in a while :flushed:

7 Likes

@Stephen_Ngfb_Tyler That would be a hard one for me too, im the same way… dont even need to taste it, if it isnt sweet it gets salted and there are even a few exceptions to that rule lol. I commend u man, theres no way id make it on that one or the cussing. I think i might try giving up the sodas and Red Bulls, I need to prime myself to quit them for good anyway, ive traded the booze for a heavy Coke addiction this past year lol

4 Likes

I’m the same with sugar free red bulls. Drink way too many. I have been meaning to make that my next thing to quit.

3 Likes

4 Likes

I made those burritos Sunday. Deeeeelicious!! Thanks again! I add some avacado after I warm them in the morning.

3 Likes

Man energy drinks are hard I’ve been using them and pop as a placebo.

1 Like

Tell me please…are you a Bronie?!

I can’t believe I’m doing this. Bye bye ice cream. We had a good run…

5 Likes