What's YOUR plan?

I really love this. Thank you for sharing. I focus on yoga and hitting the gym twice a day. I love my new me and body :heart::hugs:

5 Likes

Don’t forget the NEW ADDICTION PHASE
Some people choose a plan or develop a new type of OCD
Jonesing
… for a meeting
… the gym
… constantly cleaning
… etc

New addictions are common replacement for what it is we are really going thru

13 Likes

Finding it really hard to start but this was a great read

8 Likes

Stick around
There’s more

1 Like

Welcome to the family @Rara1982
You found a great post to start your journey with this community. Read around, engage in topics, use the check-in thread to hold yourself accountable and to meet loads of other forum users.
Hope to see you around :heartpulse:
:squid:

4 Likes

Thanks for this vast amount of knowledge. I sure needed to read this today.

4 Likes

You’re so sweet for making this. 🫶🏻

2 Likes

Hi Dan,
thanks so much for this. I have been struggling for 10 years, with some short periods of great sobriety “success”. 23 days sober now, the first time this long in 18 months. I came across this community purely by accident, and I’m so grateful - just signed up now and your words welcomed me. One day at a time.
N

10 Likes

Welcome to the community!!

This community saved me, and continues to. Like with anything, you get out what you put in, whether that’s reading time or active interactions.

Im glad you’re here and hey, congrats on 28 days!!

8 Likes

Think I’ve been stabbing away in the dark and not making much progress longer than a month. This post helps to reframe everything so for that I thank you.
Always been very self-assured that I’m not addicted and can kick this with ease however it’s very much got a grip of me and it’s a struggle. Will be taking stock and considering alternatives that I had dismissed as not for me.
Thank you wish me luck

8 Likes

Thank you so much For this :pray:t2: I am in early recovery, 11 days through a detox from buprenorphine but I have used heroin, pain meds and methadone For the last 9 years but in total 29yrs of chronic drug use, and this plan is flippin awesome, so thought out but some great guidelines and food for thought really really appreciate this :pray:t2::face_holding_back_tears:

6 Likes

You have got this :100::muscle:t2:

Definitely saved this one! :heart:

2 Likes

Day 1 of being sober in 6 years. Idk if I’ll make it to day 3 let alone day 5. But I have no choice anymore.

7 Likes

You can’t think about day 3 or day 5. Deal with what is in front of you right now and put a sober head on your pillow tonight. Tomorrow will sort itself out.

10 Likes

New to this app and trying sobriety- hopefully successfully this time. I feel really hopeful and motivated from all the posts on here, but this one really helped lay what to expect out on the table. Having tried sustained sobriety a few times over the past couple of years, I really related to some of the phases listed. It helped put into perspective why I was relapsing after 30 days and really normalized the “try and fail” I’ve been experiencing.

9 Likes

Believe it or not ive had this app for a year and this is the first time ive read this … it really opened my eyes up .this is awesome for newly and people who have been in recovery great topic !

4 Likes

Yep. @HoofHearted is a solid source of motivation and empowerment

4 Likes

Thank you very helpful.x

2 Likes

This has really helped me thanks

1 Like