When is enough

Well so I’m new to this I’ve been an alcoholic for 20 plus years I’m just trying to get by through this first week the shakes and the puking are gone but just wanted to say hi to everybody

29 Likes

Welcome and congratulations on getting through the first week your in a good place here alot of supportive people just keep up the good work and take a day at a time

3 Likes

Thank you so much

4 Likes

I’m glad you’re here❤️

2 Likes

Hey man, good for you for taking the 1st step. The shaking and puking is always awful. I’m glad you’re here, keep checking in.

Welcome! Sounds like you’re through the worst bit of withdrawals. There are so many resources that folks have shared, I encourage you to take a read around!

1 Like

Hi and welcome!! This forum has played a huge role in my sobriety, especially in the early days. Detox is awful but if you take it one day at a time (ODAAT) and keep connected on here, you don’t have to go through that ever again. Reach out on the forum at any time, there’s always someone online to offer support :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I’m somewhat new to all this also!! I have to say that this Community is a wonderful place to come!! For the first few times I just read what was talked about!! But I’m completely comfortable to say keep up the hard work, only you can make you feel better staying clean is one of the hardest things I’ve ever done but after 5 minutes comes one day and then on to day 34 and 1 hour just take it :snail:slow. Glad that you’re here!

1 Like

Thank you all I will stay connected to this I think this is a awesome app

4 Likes

Welcome Taylor! Great job getting thru ur 1st week sober! Amazing forum here! U found a great, supportive place :slight_smile:

1 Like

Keep going Taylor, you are doing great. If you play your cards right you never have to go trough this again! :facepunch:
Welcome here :raising_hand_woman:

Welcome to the forum, Taylor! We are all about growing sobriety here. Your new, beautiful, sober life has begun. Some days are going to be absolutely blissful, and some days painful. So far, I haven’t run into a day that would have been made better by drinking.

Here’s a couple great threads to get you started. Blessings on your house :pray: as you begin your journey!

1 Like

@SoberGuyUSA u have some sayings m8 everyone av saw has made me think

Thank you all I’m in medford Oregon if any one knows any buddy around here that is sober I just moved and only know one person

1 Like

Glad you are willing to see that it doesn’t get better
And admit that we are powerless and our lives are unmanageable. Welcome to recovery

Welcome! Lots of smart, sober people here. I have learned so much from everyone. Keep reading…posting…hanging around!