When u wake up but your afraid to look at your husband

I cringe reading this because i know that feeling. “Oh god, what did i do last night?” I wish i could remember this everytime i eant to drink. That is something ill try to do instead of thinking how “fun” it is.

2 Likes

Like @Michael_H wrote, he needs to see actions. Find a meeting so you can build a sober support network, and use this forum for additional support. Prayer helps too.

2 Likes

How are you doing today @Ashauna ?? @JessicaA?

I always think it’ll be fun and every time it ends up miserable and toxic. You got this👍

4 Likes

Have you honestly looked at yourself in the mirror and said “I am an alcoholic and do not want to do this anymore” Admitting is a huge step! I was sober for almost 6 years. This past year I’ve been battling alcohol again. I’m not drinking everyday when I do it’s binge drinking. I also have kids to take care of,so the binges would typically happen towards the end of the week or weekend. Today is day 4 of a restart for me. Feeling so much guilt,embarrassment,shame and angry with myself. This time I really want sobriety back!!! The feeling is like NO else. Each morning I’ve been saying the serenity prayer while looking myself in the mirror.

Stay strong!! Use this app as much as you want it definitely helps to connect with others battling the same battle

2 Likes

I love my.
It hurts with all her cheating but I still love her

So true, unfortunately!

We are together here! Conquer that 6 years milestone again and then add more!

Hi @Ashauna… I’m wondering how you are doing now! I was at 40 days when i first commented on your post. Unfortunately i relapsed (many times) and am now back to day 7. I sincerely hope you are doing well

Good start. Get to a meeting so you can meet face to face with other people who have been where you are now. The only requirement for aa membership is a desire to stop drinking. Things will not get better if yo oh keep picking up. I heard a great saying in a meeting yesterday “alcohol wants to get me alone so it can kill me”

You can do this!!!

1 Like

I have had horrible times while being drunk.
Jumping out of a car. Being aggressive towards my boyfriend that time aswell. Molesting his car and stuff.
You lose control over yourself and the guilt after is just… unbareble. I know what you feel…
But remeber that you do want to change for your familly. Your heart wants the right thing. Hold on to that

1 Like