I am reaching out today to ask if you can please help me. The amount of times I have done day one is frustrating yet here I am again. Is there anywhere to check in with people when I feel tempted? Is there someone I can message to tell me it’s going to be ok and I can do this? ![]()
Absolutely! You have all of us here friend![]()
Well done for reaching out you can come on here whenever you like for support, we all understand here, theres no judgement…lots of great advice plus we are 24 hours, you are so very welcome here xx
Welcome to TS and as @Starlight14 has mentioned, always here ![]()
I’ve linked the check in thread for you if you fancy taking a look when you’re ready. Reach out whenever you need to, there’s lots of support here for you ![]()
Thank you both so much. I will go to the link. I feel really scared, alone and disappointed.
Its gonna be ok, you are not alone now, we understand…do you want to talk with us about how your feeling? You are safe to talk here…
Yes please. I feel really depressed today. I know it’s the hangover but I always feel like it would be easier if I wasn’t here. I just need support to get through today. When it’s 9pm, I can go to bed and today will be over. I have nine what feel like very long hours to get through.
I understand that feeling ive been there many times too, it feels like a mountain to climb just to get through the day sometimes doesnt it, so for today…youl see this alot on here about taking things one day at a time but when shit gets really tough you can narrow that down even further to every hour at a time or even every minute, break today down into easier chunks and dont look too far ahead…are you at work or home today?xx
I lied to work and am at home. I need to find something to watch I think. I have no energy and feel a bit sick.
I cannot thank you enough for chatting with me. You are making such a difference by being there. I really need this.
Im here because i want to be… ok so youve taken time off…no feeling guilty about work… today you need to be kind to yourself…you need to get your basics down so make sure you hydrate and eat something, all that matters today is we get you feeling a little better, no beating yourself up, think how youd treat someone close to you who was struggling?xx
Thank you so very much. I have just got my fluffy blanket and wrapped myself up. Not sure how to keep my mind busy. I do feel a bit tired too but not sure I will fall asleep.
What helped you? Have you been sober for long?
Perfect!
Anything that brings you comfort today is on!
I am 4 years sober, but trust me i was in a terrible state when i first got here, id been struggling on my own to sort myself out too, it was this place that pulled me out of the deep hole i was in, that and kindness from strangers, i felt utterly worthless you see…i was hospitalised the night i hit rock bottom…the paramedic who held my hand while i cried like a child…the nurse who gave me a hug…the people on here that took the time to talk to me were all part of me seeing that little sliver of light at the end of the tunnel to get me started, at first i spend most of my time on here talking stuff out
I am finding this really helpful. Today you are my light so thank you.
Four years is amazing. I want to get there too. So far the most Ive managed was 257 days. I wish I was back there again.
I feel scared of being left on my own and having nobody to talk to. This is helping me lots xx
Seriously you never ever have to feel alone now youve found us lot! Ive been here everyday for 4+ years because that is the difference…none of us can do it alone we all need each other on here for support, advice, knowledge, ive learned so much from being on this site which is why i now try to give back as much as possible, triple digits is alot! Well done to you for that, has this been going on a long time for you?xx
I started depending on alcohol in my late teens so about 26 years. I have been trying for the past few years. My main problem is that I keep convincing myself I am ok with a couple and then I am for a bit until it all goes pear shaped. I want today to be my day one xx
One of the things we have to accept is that we cannot control our drinking…ever… and that will never change. Its hard to get your head around that but for people like us the only thing we will ever have control over is not having the first drink, after that its game over xx
Ive not thought about it like that before. I really want to do this. Do people have places where they can reach out at times of struggle on here?
You’ll never be alone anymore now you’re here. I’ll echo what @Starlight14 has said
some great, heart warming advice. Please be kind to yourself, take one day, one hour or one minute at a time, this will pass for you and you’ll get back to where you were before. Snuggle under that blanket and rest, it’s needed right now ![]()
Yes, just do a thread exactly as you have done today, say your really struggling and someone will come on to help you xx
You can do that or as Janie said earlier you can go on the daily check in thread…that always has alot of people on it…xx
When I first began my sobriety journey over 1000 days ago now, I spent a lot, and I mean a lot of time here just reading other people’s stories, their struggles and successes. What was working for them and what wasn’t.
I think it’s a little different for everyone, but I truly believe the answers are here if you read enough and engage. I met some amazing people back then that I still consider friends to this day… just read and ask and talk.
I made this picture (of my area here at sunset) to remind me to set myself up properly to be successful. I began earnestly a health journey that has become my guiding principles now… but again, it may be very different for you. But I know you can be successful.
Also including my home page here that I saw every single day! Use or discard as you needs
I wish you the best in this journey as it’s amazing once you decide it’s your life now. ![]()
![]()

